Chinese Food: Here’s what’s in the chicken jerky that’s poisoning our pets

aronoiiel

There's some pretty gross stuff in this article just to warn you. I saw this on my GSD fb page and thought I'd share. Don't know how much is true but it's pretty messed up to think about. An interesting read at any rate oh and a bit of a long one lol

http://goodnessgracioustreats.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/chinese-food-heres-whats-in-the-chicken-jerky-thats-poisoning-our-pets/

Edited by aronoiiel

Quite a long read, but well worth it.

It is a great article, and after reading it, if you buy any food products from China, you seriously need your head read.

Nestle Purina and Del Monte should be ashamed of themselves - to them it is about the bottom line, they have no interest in the health and well being of the dogs and cats affected by the cr*p they pass off as treats and pet food :@

I'm a little confused though if the treats by these companies sourcing from China is making dogs sick then how come their pet food made from similarly sourced material is not making them sick? I mean they get their material from the same place I'm assuming right? It just seems odd to me

I almost stopped reading at: "With 22% of the world’s population feeding on 7% of the world’s arable land, the availability and the safety of food is a grave situation."

Why? Whether it's true or not my reaction happens to be "So?"

Taken from another source "That means there are only about 2.02 acres per person of arable land in the U.S." again my response is "So?" BTW, it's approximately .2 acres per person in China.

Looking at IndexMundi we see that the US is losing arable land at a much faster rate than China, while the UK is about on a par with China - percentages, bah! Again my response is "So?"

People seem to love to throw what are essentially meaningless statistics around as if they make sense. My major problem with the entire article is not that she has brought a problem to our attention but that she throws statistics around so loosely that they loose any significance.

We all should be aware that there are problems with the "food" coming out of China, but for that matter, there are problems with "food" being grown right here in the US.

We, on our 2.02 acres per person, produce in a good year enough that we can stockpile massive quantities and still have grain, for example, left over to export.

I'm sorry, I've gotten onto one of my "high horse" issues - manipulation of statistics - rather than the real issue of the quality of product coming from Chine ... I'll stop.