Updates on Luka

LittleLuka

Good luck! Yukon gets neutered on the 19th!

Who did you go through to register your microchip? I had Yukon chipped a couple weeks ago and I registered on Petkey through helpmefindmypet.com. I only went through them because Nikko was already chipped & registered on that site when I got him.

But then after I paid for it I found out it was only an annual subscription at 25 bucks a year, and they offered me 79 for lifetime. I feel like I got ripped off because other places only charged like 20-25 bucks for lifetime. The only thing is if your pet gets lost you can send an alert that will call local shelters, pet stores and vets to notify that your pet is lost.

Who did you go through to register your microchip? I had Yukon chipped a couple weeks ago and I registered on Petkey through helpmefindmypet.com. I only went through them because Nikko was already chipped & registered on that site when I got him.

But then after I paid for it I found out it was only an annual subscription at 25 bucks a year, and they offered me 79 for lifetime. I feel like I got ripped off because other places only charged like 20-25 bucks for lifetime. The only thing is if your pet gets lost you can send an alert that will call local shelters, pet stores and vets to notify that your pet is lost.

HomeAgain. I may have to wind up renewing mine as well now that i looked at the website. But they also send out an alerts if he goes missing and print out flyers and a lot of other things.

HomeAgain. I may have to wind up renewing mine as well now that i looked at the website. But they also send out an alerts if he goes missing and print out flyers and a lot of other things.

Yeah, looks like it is an annual fee as well, and it does the same stuff that mine does such as send out fliers, etc.

I think all the cheaper registration does is maintain your pet's information in a database and when someone scans the microchip your information will show up. It does not do all of the other things, so maybe it is not such a bad deal. Plus I get a collar tag and a photo ID card.

I had no idea the first payment was only for a year either. Andy has lifetime, and Jessy I had to switch owners and pay for the year, as well as Jack...so I will be doing lifetime for the both of them also. It has already paid for itself when Jessy was lost and that was the number that the lady who found her called because our phone was not working correctly. It is well worth it, regardless of the cost.

I had no idea the first payment was only for a year either. Andy has lifetime, and Jessy I had to switch owners and pay for the year, as well as Jack...so I will be doing lifetime for the both of them also. It has already paid for itself when Jessy was lost and that was the number that the lady who found her called because our phone was not working correctly. It is well worth it, regardless of the cost.

It depends on what company you go with to register the chip. I was going to use AVI to register and it was 19.95 for lifetime, but it did not include all of the other stuff.

When I got Nikko, his registration was included, but Yukon wasn't chipped. I decided to use the same company Nikko had, so I can go to one site for both dogs. I used helpmefindmypet.com and signed him up for 24.95, then received a call from a rep offering me the premium package that includes lifetime service instead of paying annually for $55 more. I realized then it was only yearly, so it cost me $79.95 for the package that is listed for $119 online.

i don't think there is a lifetime fee option on homeagain. that's annoying because i would rather just pay a large fee one time than every year.