Training my pup

Mrfresh13

Hi all picking my pup up on the 10th nov and can't wait done a hell of a lot of reading on this forum and have to thank everyone for everyone's information on this beautiful breed.

I have given the breeder a toy teddy to get the sent from the pups sister's and the mum and dad so hope that she will feel right at home in her crate, her name is going to be "nala" she is currently been sleeping in a crate so hopefully when we go to pick her up and bring her home she will be happy in her crate hoping the teddy will help that I have given to the breeder.

Can anyone suggest anything else to help her settle.:)

patience... and let it happen on her schedule.

When we picked up our little pup it was one of the most exciting experiences we've ever had. We had the house ready for MONTHS.... we had a plan... but she didn't see it the same way. Despite us wanting her to sleep in the crate the first night, she cried bloody murder. We let her out, and let her pick the spot she liked... and she sleep quite comfortably and quietly there.

My wife and I took turns sleeping in the living room with her, and most nights she would pick a spot right below the couch we were sleeping on. I guess she didn't want to be far from us. As she fell asleep we put her in the crate with the door open. She would move in the middle of the night closer to us, but it got her used to sleeping in the crate slowly. After a week she was okay in the crate to sleep.

Oh I agree with Becky (AustinVille) blaze pee'd on my dad when we first got him home but that was because dad was holding him whilst we brought bings out to meet him n he got scared

Eta- don't bother with puppy pads for toilet training just take pup outside whenever she needs to go its a lot easier training them that way instead ov teaching them they can pee in the house (on the pads)

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Edited by BingBlaze'n'Skyla