Safster up date

Povodny

For anyone who read the previous thread about Safi and her relapse with her liver disease, without wanting to jump the gun. This week has shown a distinct improvement.

As I'm sure you'll all understand, you have a connection with your dog and can 'feel' when there's a change in well being and attitude.

This last week I've noticed she has a lighter attitude over all, she's interested, playful and energetic (to a degree)

She managed a full afternoon at rugby followed by a 2 hr walk round Formby point including a run in the off lead area the following morning.

She still has ascites and is now incredibly thin. Painfully so. Her appetite is non existent so I can't get her to gain weight at the moment. Because she hasn't been eating she hasn't had the placid we've been giving both girls so the dominance issue is back in full swing, with the added concern Safi's clotting factors are so low if she gets a blood injury it takes an age to stop bleeding. And to top that they've both been in season lol talk about grump!

But over all I'm very relieved and happy I still not only have her but despite the odds against her, she's now showing signs she could make a better recovery than I first thought was possible :)