Big Day on Friday

LittleLuka

Luka is getting neutured! i'm slightly nervous, i know it's not a big deal at all, but he's my baby. lol

atleast his second testicle finally descended so it makes the surgery much less invasive. i'll be so nervous the whole day...

also, how do i keep this loon calm afterwards?

good luck

when i had one of mine neutered when she came home she just went and slept in her crate for a few days they do recover remarkably quick xx

Nothing worked for Kissuna except when the vet suggested to not give him pain meds after the first night home. So I stopped giving them to him and he calmed down. He slept like he was given meds but that was cause the pain reminded him to be careful. :( So I don't recommend it unless ya have to.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

While it's going to be difficult, the best way to keep him calm is to remain calm yourself. << fat chance, eh?? >>

You might see a little blood, don't be surprised. It's common as the wound begins to heal and the stitches are being moved as he walks / moves around. Obviously if it comes a gusher - get him to the vet quickly!

As the others have said, see how he handles it. You might ask the vet about some tranq's but if he doesn't need them then there's no sense in drugging the poor boy. Dogs handle get neutered each in their own way ... you'll just have to play it by ear and see (( by ear, see --- somehow that doesn't sound right! :) ))

Stay cool, calm and collected and bets are that he will as well...

Good luck!!

While it's going to be difficult, the best way to keep him calm is to remain calm yourself. << fat chance, eh?? >>

You might see a little blood, don't be surprised. It's common as the wound begins to heal and the stitches are being moved as he walks / moves around. Obviously if it comes a gusher - get him to the vet quickly!

As the others have said, see how he handles it. You might ask the vet about some tranq's but if he doesn't need them then there's no sense in drugging the poor boy. Dogs handle get neutered each in their own way ... you'll just have to play it by ear and see (( by ear, see --- somehow that doesn't sound right! :) ))

Stay cool, calm and collected and bets are that he will as well...

Good luck!!

my biggest worry is him being put under anesthesia. i think he will recover pretty quickly, i will TRY to keep him calm because he acts like a maniac most of the time. yeah i believe our vet is sending us home with some pain meds but if he doesn't need them we won't use them. luckily the vet is like 5 minutes away tops!