How many cups per bag

Jay

This may have been asked before, but I am trying to put together a pet budget so I know what I am spending and I am trying to figure out how many cups of food I can get out of a 30lb bag of Taste of the Wild.

For example, I feed Nikko 2 cups/day and Yukon 1.5 cups/day. I want to know how many days a 30lb bag will last me.

Thanks!

Depends how big the cup is? :P Have you got any kitchen scales? Pour 1 cup of food into the scales and work it out from there. It also depends on how well the food fits together in the cup - how much space is there between each but of food?

I saw somewhere that a 30lb bag equals roughly 120 cups. That does make sense, although seems a little much. I estimated before I got Yukon that it would take Nikko 6 weeks to finish a 30lb bag, which equaled to about 85 cups per bag.

depends the weight of food in each cup lol

I don't go off the feeding guidlines on bags of kibble as sibes generally don't need as much x

Yeah, I don't either. Nikko only gets 2 cups per day, and Yukon 1 1/2 cups per day.

I'll just estimate how many days I can get out of a bag of food. I am guessing that I will go through a 30lb bag every month for both dogs.

I buy 30lb TOTW too. I don't know if this helps, but Suka is fed 1.25 cups a day. One bag, for him, lasts around 3 or 4 months.

Maybe you can buy/wait until you get a new 30lb bag and then count the number of days it takes.

what's that in kgs lol

i go through a 15kg bag once every 3 - 4 weeks and that feeds 3 dogs one meal each once a day

One bag is 30 lbs, which is 13.61 kg. I was estimating that I would go through one bag per month feeding 2 dogs, although it might be a little more than a month.

I am trying to create a budget so I can see exactly how much I spend on them per year. For both dogs, not including treats, toys or groomer appointments I spend $1,400 per year on the both of them (food, vet, flea/tick & heartworm)

Our sack of kibble reckons Timber should have about 520g per day (1.1-1.2 pounds) but he wouldn't eact that much and all three get other food anyway. Either weigh 1 cup's worth of food and calculate it from there or mark the beginning of a new bag on a calendar and see how long it lasts. That means you won't get your answer for several weeks though

if Google is not fooling me and 30lb actually equals 13 kilos, then according to the calculation in my pack that'd last for about 1.5 months. I live with one dog and it takes him about three months to finish his 15 kilos bag of dog food (Eukanuba). Diamond eats twice a day, 1.5-2 cups per feeding :) it really depends on the size of the cup though