Puppy, Teenager or Adult?

Brady

I would probably say the teenage stage starts between 1-2 years old, but it's anybody's guess as to when, if ever, a husky reaches what we would consider adulthood. I always tell people that one of the "features" of a husky is that they act like puppies for the first 10 years or so!

Kissuna is 2 years old and whenever him and my brothers dog around the same age see each other, they constantly play (I mean constantly. If left to play it takes maybe 2 hours for them to take a 10 min break) And they see each other 2-8 times a day.

Other than that, Kissu is pretty laid back and usually well behaved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Puppies become teenagers when they reach their sexual maturity, altered or not, which is usually around 4-5 months for males and 5-6 months for females. Their adult stage comes about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years old when they become mentally mature. Males will usually hit this on the later side of the scale.

I would say Skye is becoming a naughty teenager already!! Things she would do instantly she is now "going deaf" with lol! She is 6 and half months. Shadow is 2 and is very laid back i would class him as an adult already but he went through alot so i think hes old before his time really!

i think it depends on the dogs upbringing.

micha was a puppy all bouncy and excited till she was about a year and half, she is nearly 4 and i would say is about 70% adult. she can still be mischievous and push boundaries at time to see what she can get away with.

suki had puppies before she was a year old (before she came to live with us) this i think forced her into growing up she will still play, but she definatley has a grown up personality she is also nearly 4.

amber is about 16 months old and she is still a puppy. everything needs exploring and every dog needs saying hello to see if they want to play, although she has shown some teenage behavior.

so i think puppy till 18 months teen age maybe 3-5 years and oap in the last 2 years of life or so