Car behaviour

Charley

Little Nel used to be very well behaved in the car, she always sits on the front passenger seat, usually still just looking out of the window. She only gets aggitated when using the indicators, thinking she doesn't like the sound (no way of turning the sound off). She is very used to the car and has been on regular journeys probably at least once a day since we got her 18 months ago, 10 min journeys all the way up to 4/5 hour motorway drives.

However for the past couple of weeks she has been aggitated for the whole of the journey, fidgeting, whining, barking and trying to climb onto my lap. She is always wearing a harness that is secured to the seat, so she can't get on to me or effect my driving, but it is distracting.

Anyway I have two questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with...

1) Any ideas as to why this behaviour has suddenly started?

2) Can anybody recommend a dog guard so I can put her in the back seat and not have to worry about her climbing into the front?

Thanks guys x

I'm surprised nobody has replied to this yet!

How old is she?

I don't know why it started, my boy was and still is great in the car, but does this happen on long journeys as well as short journeys? Maybe she's just impatient.

I found one here, not sure how good it is, though. http://www.petsathome.com/shop/front-seat-car-guard-k9d-for-dogs-by-mont-blanc-13701

Just a thought. It could be engine noise or vibration and her proximity to that being in the front seat. When Togo was very small he'd sit in the footwell of the passenger side. But when he got a little older suddenly didn't like being that close to the engine.

Try any larger pet store or halfords for dog guards. You could check which fits your car best then try and find it cheaper online once you know what you're looking for

Thanks for the advice, she does this on journeys of less than an hour, when we're on the motorway she goes to sleep instantly! She's very used to all journeys, doing a ride under an hour each day, and twice a week she's in the car on the motorway for 4+ hours.

Am going to the retail park tomorrow which has a halfords and pets at home so will go in both and have a look. Will let you know how we get on x