Need help on a name

HuskyGuerl

Cute

Aurora/Orion/Phoenix

You can't call your husky after a car that stupid

As apposed to naming a husky after the northern lights, a constellation of stars, and a made up bird? What makes mercedees any more stupid?

Call it mutt then

trust me aurora ain't difficult too say you guys talk some rubbish

I will assume for your own benifit that this was a badly worded joke.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can always shorten names or give the dogs a nickname if the name is too long

daughtry is dudes

i end up lengthening names as nicknames

we have daughtry- doo doo ma poo poo

echo- echolarr... white wooly woof woof

darwin- monkey man

malaki- mally moo, noisy bugger

lol I extend Mollie to Mollie Moo she looks nothing like a cow i just like the sound of it :)

I don't think its just down to you deciding on a name, if you can choose a couple of names you like and then say them when the puppy is away from you obviously some time between saying each one and see which the puppy responds to. I only had one name chosen for a girl when i found Skye, when the breeder asked if i had thought of a name and i said yes i was thinking about 'Skye'. She said it was a nice name and while the mum and pups were outside in the garden she shouted Skye and my chosen puppy looked round so she chose her name aswell :-)

When we rescued Mollie she was Thistle but she didnt respond to it at all, We spent 3 days just saying different names while she wasnt looking at us and Mollie was the only one she responded to... Her head shot up and she looked at us as if to say 'yes what do you want' so to cover all bases we tried Holly, Polly and Dolly and she didnt care for any of them. :) your best bet is to find a few names you like and see which they respond to :)

I'm rubbish with names , Bings was already. Called Bingo when we rescued him , mum came up with Blaze and Skyla was called roxy before we got her I thought ov Skye (blue eyes n white n fluffy like a cloud) n mum said Skyla cuz Skye was quite common

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

As apposed to naming a husky after the northern lights, a constellation of stars, and a made up bird? What makes mercedees any more stupid?

I will assume for your own benifit that this was a badly worded joke.

thats fine but if you wish to name your dog after a car company who in the past used Jewish concentration camp prison as employees as slave labour go for it that's fine

http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-1324886-1-1324898-1-0-0-1345593-0-0-135-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

no I wasn't joking re the mutt comment I apologise re the mutt comment it was meant as a joke I am sorry but I don't physically study every persons profile re posting. The whole syllables thing that has been brought up I don't agree with either.

thats fine but if you wish to name your dog after a car company who in the past used Jewish concentration camp prison as employees as slave labour go for it that's fine

http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-1324886-1-1324898-1-0-0-1345593-0-0-135-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

We're talking about dog names here. Not random names that might be a name used by a car company who did things you don't like. Dog names... Understand that? No matter how many times I read your message I still don't get what you're adding to this thread other than bringing it off topic.

no I wasn't joking re the mutt comment I apologise re the mutt comment it was meant as a joke I am sorry but I don't physically study every persons profile re posting. The whole syllables thing that has been brought up I don't agree with either.

That's your opinion. We know that now, you can stop forcing that upon us now. If you think the opinions of others who you don't share are rubbish you have simply no reason to be here. You can't possible know everyone on the internet forum as you said, and that's why you should be much more careful with your wording. If you want continue to arguing, feel free to PM me or other of the staff, but keep this thread for what is originally was posted for: Coming up with names for dogs.

FYI, didn't know that about Mercedes but...I mentioned that name because I love the sound of it. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the puppy.

Let's see about other names...

Zelda

Cyerra (alternate spelling of Sierra)

Asha

Ariel

Ava

Akira

Thank you all for your input!! Didn't mean to start a riot lol..and I tried Aurora and it is a little lengthy when.yelling at her to stop something so we are working with the name Meeka for the time being...I hope it works!!)

meeka is lovely!!!!

im sure you will find a name that encapsulates her and rolls off the tongue nicely xxx....

we will need more pix though xxx

edit

meeka is the name of alexander skarsgard's character in zoolander lol

i see the name and wanna say..... 'orange mocha frappachino!!!!'

sorry thats me being a geek lol

Edited by Kells xx

I forgot the owner's forum name but we have a Meeka here too :D it's a great name :up:

[MENTION=2387]HuskyGuerl[/MENTION]

[h=2]Meeka meaning and name origin[/h]Meeka \

me(e)-ka\ as a girl's name is a variant of Dominique (French, Latin) and Mika (Japanese), and the meaning of Meeka is "lord; beautiful aroma; beautiful increase".