Recovering

LittleLuka

d'awwww

I'm assuming everything went okay with the snip?

Yes it went fine. He's in some pain and also very dramatic so you would think he's had a major precedure. I'm having issues getting him to lay down he just keeps pacing not running or anything just won't stop walking around.

Aren't they such Divas? Any little thing to garner some love & affection, lol. (not saying that his op was a "little" thing, it's a big event)

As long as it's just pacing, not getting excited, I'd let him pace. Things have happened to him and he doesn't know why so a certain amount of "anxiousness" on his part is normal. Since you don't have the evil cone of shame, I presume he's not trying to pull the stitches.

I was trying to figure out what he had his head on / in. Looks like a pie pan in that picture till I saw what it was. Silly (( druggy )) dog!!!

Sounds like Ice, he laid on the floor wherever I was so he could let me know he was unhappy, howled such a mournful sound you would of thought someone had died, the next day up he got, back to business as usual! The girls however, had much more intensive ops yet they both coped better (as far as I can recall with Brooke, given it was years ago). Bear even tore her stitches but still acted like nothing was wrong. can't help but think my dogs got things the wrong way round!

Sending Luka big hugs, hope his wound heals swiftly. X

update: luka's pretty much almost completely healed up. his stitches will dissolve on their own. He is back to being extremely annoying but it's just not the same without his loud self running around. I've tried to keep him chilled out but he apparently feels fine and his wound looks really good so no issues there. Also, he hasn't messed with it at all so he didn't have to wear the Cone of Shame. such a good boy!