Best Harness to use - happy to heel harness??? any good??

Pablo

Hi,

does anyone on the forum have any experience with this harness. I have heard good things about the harness and I am considering one. My boy is 9 months old and he has been quite good at heel work until recently,since he started cocking his leg he cannot stop marking everything and he constantly pulls me to every tree,post,bush. if he sees a dog he is so excited he lunges to the dog. I can't have him doing this as it is not an enjoyable walk and was just after some great advice as usual.

Thanks

Paul

Sounds like he's intact? Any chance of getting him neutered? That will help with the territorial marking. As for 'walk with ease' harnesses, personally I am not for them since I work my dogs in harness and want them to use their natural ability and not be discouraged from it by a harness.

Have you ever tried the Silky Leash method? It takes a while to master but it really is helpful. Seems roundabout but truly sticks with the dog. Someone mentioned neutering- that would also be helpful!

As previously mentioned, creating a natural inclination in your dog to move away from the tension in a leash is the best way to do things. Special harnesses and collars can exacerbate the problem as they most likely will learn to pull more.

PS: I hope it's okay that I posted a video of this training method. If not, I apologize.