American Road Trip Honeymoon - advice needed

Luna's Mum

Hello All!

Yes, I know, who is this stranger that hasn't posted for months and is a very bad forum member!! very, very sorry but life has been incredibly busy and the latest edition of the the forum won't allow me to post from my mobile and I'm very rarely online at home.

Anyhoooo........

I have a very cheeky request...

I get married next April and we are planning an amazing American road trip for our honeymoon! We were originally planning to go straight after the wedding, until we discovered that Sequoia National Park gets around 2ft of snow in April and the road we want to drive along is usually closed until the end of May!! D'oh!

So, new plan, we're going in June instead!

My cheeky request comes in the form of knowledge...I know some of you lovely people live in the good old US of A and I wondered if you could let me know the best places to visit...and where to avoid!

Below is a little route we have planned, we're going for two weeks and plan on spending 4 days in San Francisco at the end but the other days are fairly free...we're going to find hotels & b&b's before we go and book when we get there.(Bishop has only been planned in as an overnight stopping point because the drive into the Sequoia area from Las Vegas is too long!)

Any useful tips are greatly appreciated and I am sooo sorry for being abscent!!

Privacy and sharing settings Learn more

[TABLE]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Public - Shared with everyone. This map will be published in search results and user profiles.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Unlisted - Shared only with selected people who have this map's URL.[/TD]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: msres"]

[TD="class: icon"]blue-dot.png[/TD]

[TD="class: text"]

[/TD]

[TD="class: icon"]chart?cht=ls&chs=24x24&chma=2,2,2,2&chf=bg,s,00000000&chd=s:HHHHHdddddzzzzz&chco=0000ff73&chls=5

[/TD]

Driving directions to Las Vegas, NV, United States

265 mi - about 4 hours 21 mins

[/TD]

To: Las Vegas, NV, United States

[/TD]

[TD="class: icon"]chart?cht=ls&chs=24x24&chma=2,2,2,2&chf=bg,s,00000000&chd=s:HHHHHdddddzzzzz&chco=0000ff73&chls=5

[/TD]

Driving directions to Bishop, CA, United States

269 mi - about 4 hours 53 mins

[/TD]

To: Bishop, CA, United States

[/TD]

[/TD]

Driving directions to Wawona, CA, United States

156 mi - about 3 hours 19 mins

[/TD]

To: Wawona, CA, United States

[/TD]

[/TD]

Driving directions to San Francisco, CA, United States

226 mi - about 4 hours 15 mins

[/TD]

[TD="class: icon selected"]blue-dot.png[/TD]

[TD="class: text selected"]

To: San Francisco, CA, United States

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

I know, I'm awful and I missed South Camp :o(

Just haven't had much chances to catch up and with the forum no longer running on my phone I've been posting on The Husky Club FB group more than here :o(

helloooooo!!!!!

Can you not get tapatalk on your mobile?

Where is the Grand Canyon' date=' compared to where I've put on my list?[/quote']

About 5 hours north of Las Vegas in Colorado (I think)...well worth the effort...where else can you say that you've ridden a donkey half way down a very steep canyon and back up again? I actually did that on my honeymoon...though we aren't married anymore. The trip was just fantastic.

We are now going in June' date=' to avoid the snow in Sequoia .... we're packing hiking boots so we can go for some fab treks but do I need to be worried about big scary fluffies...aka Grizzly bears/wolves/yeti....[/quote']

Follow the crowd...watch warnings, but I highly doubt it.

I second the comments about th grand canyon. When my parents went to Vegas they took a day to go to the grand canyon and Hoover dam. Said it was well worth it.

I was in Vegas about a week before they were, and we didn't go. But it was guys trip, and we weren't in any condition to be walking around the top of steep hills. Next time I'm out that way I'll definitely be going.

Lots of great things to see down in Southern Utah. Bryce Canyon & Zions National Park. Moab is also awesome (Arches National Park) I ageee the Grand Canyon is also a site to see. Check flights into Salt Lake International Airport. Vegas is only a 6 hour drive from Salt Lake.