What do you guys feed your sibes, what foods have you tried what worked what didn't

Kieferwolf

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yea, Orijen is rediculously expensive, but then again, so is wellness core. Core is actually more expensive when it comes to price per lb, and it's not even good quality. I could understand paying that much for Orijen, but not for a large chain pet-food store brand.

We tried Origen in the uk and its results were horrendous its runny stools

i tried the amount on the packet against the weight of our baby and even giving her less than that she had the skitters

We tried Origen in the uk and its results were horrendous its runny stools

i tried the amount on the packet against the weight of our baby and even giving her less than that she had the skitters

i would never feed a husky the amount recommended on the bag. they eat WAY less than that! i had the same problem with TOTW though, i think sometimes it can be too much protein.

most raw feeders use newspapers to find meat from hunters that has got freezer burn. My friend just scored 250lb of venison from someone cleaning out his fridge.

well my boyfriend and I actually do hunt so that would be helpful. i just don't know enough about it. like what to feed, what not to feed, how long it lasts, portion size, etc. i've tried reading about it but i just wind up confused

well my boyfriend and I actually do hunt so that would be helpful. i just don't know enough about it. like what to feed, what not to feed, how long it lasts, portion size, etc. i've tried reading about it but i just wind up confused

I was the same way. Unfortunately with 11 I feel it would probably break the bank, and I don't hunt nearly enough to feed that lot! I find kibble easier to transport for dog showing and I can send Denali with his handler without worrying about confusing her or becoming too inconvenient.

We feed a mixture, natures diet meat, James wellbeloved biscuits and every so often they get some raw meat chucked in. We have started to make out own concoction of boiled pigs head (with meat stripped off) and rice, once cooled we portion out and freeze then every so often defrost a bag and mix it with the natures diet and feed. They seem to like the change sometimes and we've not had any issues with runny poop or anything like that (except when my mum sneaks them food off her plate!!!) the pigs head idea we got off Pete aka the anarchistic huskies

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was the same way. Unfortunately with 11 I feel it would probably break the bank, and I don't hunt nearly enough to feed that lot! I find kibble easier to transport for dog showing and I can send Denali with his handler without worrying about confusing her or becoming too inconvenient.

yeah we don't hunt enough to feed them year round. We have a small hunting season and we pretty much eat the meat if we get any. i just feel like i'd give Luka the wrong thing or something. it makes me nervous, not because i don't think its good for them simply because i don't know what im doing haha

Unfortunately, Ghost's list of tried foods is handful.

The breeders had him on Friskies (same level as Pedigree...). I, unknown to the sensitive stomach of a husky, bought Pedigree as that was other food breeder said I could go with. ---Don't worry now I know better!---

Bf at home, bought Bosch, as he was told it's a good kibble at the pet store. With the second bag Ghost had runny poo, guess my horror when I read on the bag that it's expired! So he immediately got switched to Orijen. (At the time I was doing research in better kibbles). However our veterinarian said she doesn't have any experience with Orijen and that it's too high in meat for a small pup. -_- And offered we try Brit Premium (local Czech kibble). After 2-3 months, the vet asked if we were feeding the white bags of Brit. We said blue, the Brit Premium. Turns out they confused Brit Care (better) with Brit Premium (economy). So he switched to Brit Care hypoallergic.

And currently he's getting TOTW as treats, and will switch to the adult formula once he's 1 year. :)

Sure it's 3-4 percent of the animals total body weight that you feed if feeding raw if you were interested in raw feeding there is a good forum online

google Eskimo husky

Diesel is on raw just beef and chicken mince from pets at home :) Tried all the hypo allergenic stuff, boiled chicken and rice and it went straight through him. had 6 months of horrible poops :( We only found Chappie worked for him so kept him on that until he grew out of his dodgy stomach. Then changed him onto raw :)

Mine always have been on Orjen and they love it never had a problem with Orjen is expensive but is good .right now they are on Nutrivet again a very good food . They are on raw too like chicken beef and once per week if their dad remembers they will have a lamb shank: P

Mine is a very fussy eater. She has never tolerated any 'dog foods' and would rather starve... she can never get enough of chicken, I buy it, cook it and tear it up for her. She loves to have mince every now and then as well. She doesn't mind dog biscuits but only tends to eat them if she really is hungry but she does love Pedigree Gravy Bones and Dentastixs.

Sure it's 3-4 percent of the animals total body weight that you feed if feeding raw if you were interested in raw feeding there is a good forum online

google Eskimo husky

thanks for the link! i'll look into it! also, i've read that you shoudl start out with chicken but like a whole chicken? chicken breast?

High fat is what mostly contributes to runny stools. For dogs with sensitive stomachs (and people) they recommend the bland diet, which means almost no fat.

I've noticed that Merrick has the same nutritional analysis (38% protein 17% fat) as most of Orijen's formulas. It's just loads cheaper. I'm actually considering changing Juno to Merrick duck after we are close to finishing the earthborn holistic. It's more expensive than EH, but worth it!

I tried Duke on Science Diet Ideal Balance and his poops were extremely soft to runny most of the time. I now have him on TOTW and hie has done great with it. He also had the red eyes, itching, and strange behavior as described in another feeding thread. I don't know if he was allergic to the chicken or the grains but hie is doing grat now!!! Poops a lot less now too :)