What do you guys feed your sibes, what foods have you tried what worked what didn't

Kieferwolf

we have loki on wainwrights but his gas is awful, clears a room big style, even at dog class the hall smells, dunno whats the best thing to do for him

Two things we found helped with gas, we had same with royal canin

never ever feed it totally dry, even if you just put say 100-150 ml of water with it, this will help. Also buy apple cider vinegar and put 1 tea spoon of that with it this will help. Did with our guys

double the amount your feeding too think with wainwright's our guys used to get 130grams each twice a day

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link! i'll look into it! also, i've read that you shoudl start out with chicken but like a whole chicken? chicken breast?

Join the forum and ask the guys we did look into it a while back ie raw feeding

from memory I think you start with chicken for a week, switch you pooches straight fully to it then after a week or two you bring in other meets/fish

personally i agree and disagree with the principles of raw, for us the problem was having 3 dogs it was a nightmare storing it, we tried it briefly and this sounds weird I know but our girl wouldn't eat the chicken. And finding suppliers was tricky.

if you have a good fish quay near you, and two three decent butchers where you can get off cuts your well away

our guys get sardines which I pay £ 2-2.50 a kg for and I buy two ox hearts a month which are about 3kg in weight and £2 a kg

My 3 are all fed Taste of the Wild and do amazing on it. They also get raw chicken a few times a week for dinner.

We have tried many dog foods. We tried Grain Free Fromm Dog food - all dogs did horrible on it.

The Honest Kitchen - It's dehydrated, and very expensive when feeding multiple dogs. The dogs all loved it but they were going to the bathroom more then normal which caused them do loose a lot of weight while on it.

Grandma Lucys - Also dehydrated. My dogs hated the garlic taste to it, it smells horrible. I still have a bag in my cabinet that the dogs won't touch.

My 3 are all fed Taste of the Wild and do amazing on it. They also get raw chicken a few times a week for dinner.

We have tried many dog foods. We tried Grain Free Fromm Dog food - all dogs did horrible on it.

The Honest Kitchen - It's dehydrated, and very expensive when feeding multiple dogs. The dogs all loved it but they were going to the bathroom more then normal which caused them do loose a lot of weight while on it.

Grandma Lucys - Also dehydrated. My dogs hated the garlic taste to it, it smells horrible. I still have a bag in my cabinet that the dogs won't touch.

Alright thats it I'm switching over to TOTW. Blue Buffalo is also grain free but it has 9% more protein than TOTW and 1% more fat so I figured they were getting too much protein and hopefully they'll do better on TOTW. I was looking at the two varieties of puppy food they offer, should I go with High Prairie or Pacific Stream? I was thinking Pacific Stream since it had less fat in it, but I'm not sure what the difference is other than ingredients :S

Alright thats it I'm switching over to TOTW. Blue Buffalo is also grain free but it has 9% more protein than TOTW and 1% more fat so I figured they were getting too much protein and hopefully they'll do better on TOTW. I was looking at the two varieties of puppy food they offer, should I go with High Prairie or Pacific Stream? I was thinking Pacific Stream since it had less fat in it, but I'm not sure what the difference is other than ingredients :S

I switch between the varieties, just to change up proteins. They really like the Salmon (Pacific Stream) but they do well on any of the varieties.

Make sure you're watching your portion size! :)

Make sure you're watching your portion size! :)

I know!! The bag says they're only supposed to get a cup and a half a day and they both eat about 2 to 2 and a half cups and a day and they STILL act like they're starving if I give them less than that. That's why I'm also hoping with TOTW that they'll do better with eating less XD

I know!! The bag says they're only supposed to get a cup and a half a day and they both eat about 2 to 2 and a half cups and a day and they STILL act like they're starving if I give them less than that. That's why I'm also hoping with TOTW that they'll do better with eating less XD

probably! i fed Luka about 1 1/2 cups per day on TOTW or he had runny stools as opposed to him eating 2 cups of Fromms per day now.

Don't use the bag charts for Siberians, they are always wrong. But how old are your pups? My adults eat 2 cups to 2.5 cups when they are working in harness.

My american eskimo is 7 months, the husky is 12 weeks. They eat about the same amount and they're the same size at the moment, and neither are fat as far as I can tell :S

Over feeding puppies can cause erratic, improper growth and can actually end up causing structural damage in result. At 12 weeks my girls were eating 4 times a day and roughly 1/4cup per feeding. At nearly 5 months old they have just now hit the 2 cups per day feeding being fed 2 times per day.

Over feeding puppies can cause erratic, improper growth and can actually end up causing structural damage in result. At 12 weeks my girls were eating 4 times a day and roughly 1/4cup per feeding. At nearly 5 months old they have just now hit the 2 cups per day feeding being fed 2 times per day.

Was that on TOTW? I think I'll follow that guideline, I think thats about what I give them. I take a half cup scoop and feed them three to four times, so it seems like we're on track. The half cup is split between them so they both get 1/4 cup per feeding.

Was that on TOTW? I think I'll follow that guideline, I think thats about what I give them. I take a half cup scoop and feed them three to four times, so it seems like we're on track. The half cup is split between them so they both get 1/4 cup per feeding.

Yeah that is TOTW puppy that I feed my girls, the rest of the kennel gets TOTW all life stages. These are the first pups I've ever put on puppy food, mainly because the breeder had them on puppy. I feel in a few months I'll be switching to the all life stages with them.

I rotate all flavors. TOTW is an all life stages food so honestly you can just give them the adult formula, it won't hurt them. My all have had TOTW adult since puppies. They really like their new wild boar flavor. Embry and Zoey are 2yo and 3yo and get 2 cups a day. Ares is 9 months and gets 3 cups a day.

I like the TOTW, but pacific stream and sierra mountain formula are pretty low in protein, and low in fat, which means they are really high in carbs. Low fat, plus low protein, plus high carbs means hungry puppy. They will have more energy, but I see more eating/chasing of bugs in the future.

What annoys me is when my mother is around while I'm feeding her. I feed her 1 cup of food, but because she's a puppy she always looks around for more. My mother always says that I'm starving her, and I'm going to cause her to develop food aggression because of it. As if I don't know how to take care of my own dog. Geez.

I tried core with both of my dogs a while back, and also my cat who will typically eat anything. All three wouldn't touch it. I think that's the only time I've ever been happy that my dogs wouldn't eat a certain food. Personally, I don't think it's worth the money

Ryn eats chicken several times a week, TOTW the rest of the time. She doesn't like the Pacific Stream flavor, so she gets the Bison formula. My first husky also ate TOTW and lived to the ripe old age of 15.

As they age, you need to really watch the amount you feed as the protein goes straight to their waist.

Hi guys me and my partner have just started showing our youngest sibe

one of the things I get asked a lot is what do I feed my sibe and I was just curious what people have the pooches on???

alot of show people recommended fish for dogs but didnt fancy it

we have tried all sorts our eldest girl eats anything with no problem, and our boy Is fine he is the same. but our youngest girl we have tried her on loads to get the right balance, she unfortunately doesn't have a strong stomach.

problems we have had was with our youngest girl it's taken months and trying her on all sorts too get her on something she has taken too.

She was on bakers puppy that's what she was weened on, I read up on it and found it wasn't the best quality food in the world so switched her to

Orijen puppy, logic was its good quality loads of good stuff in there no matter what amount we tried runs

We then tried royal canin same again loose stools and gas that would empty a room no matter what amount

We tried Simpsons premium same result run/horrendous gas

and finally we tried wainwright's from pets at home this stuff we have had good results with but money's tight so we have swapped them onto csj and our dogs love it

have three sibes and 40 quid bag from pets at home was feasible no more due to finances been tight

our sibes are part raw fed too, they get couple sardines each every other day and 100grams of ox heart every third day too

We use Autarky. We had tried wellbeloved, canin, and dr burns all with the same result. Loki being the worst one and liquid poo. It affected us taking them anywhere where it would be offensive if we couldn't pick up properly.

Autarky apparently isn't one of the best foods but isn't the worst either. And it's reasonably priced. We pay about £19.50 for salmon&rice and have just found the chicken&rice flavour in Costco for under £14 for 15kg sack. We have healthy happy puppies and each sack lasts about 3 weeks

i would like to put Luka on raw but there is no where to find affordable meat here.

Do you not have supermarkets close to you?

I feed partial raw, and pick up chicken wings/legs for my 3 from the supermarket. I also pick up their fresh sardines from there. (Cost = £2.00 a day - if that helps)