Huskies and horses

jessiezara90

Bit of a general question...... so Meeko met my horse Archie when he was about ten weeks old and was pretty scared of him then. But my horses goes to live in France for half the year so hasn't seen him since and is now 6 months. Horses are coming back in a few weeks and in the summer I'm planning on taking Meeko over there aswell so I don't have to leave him at home when I go out there. Now I have had always had GSDs and they have been a bit of a pain round the horses and would snap at there heels, lucky the horses are quite laid back but we obviously have to be careful. I was wondering if Anyone has huskies and horses and what are they like together? I know all dogs are different but just in general?? X

We have to walk ours through a field of 3 ponies daily.They are way too interested in them,we keep them on short leads,and on the few occasions that the ponies have been close,we have tried to let them sniff them,but they have tried to nip at them.They haven't been brought up with them from pups,but tbh,I wouldn't trust them anywhere near them.Lycan will stalk them as we walk along,only Thunder seems not very bothered,but I honestly think they would chase them given half the chance.:rolleyes:

Mine are curious about my horses but don't bother them a couple sniffs through the fence on occasion is all. The one time we had an escapee Siberian she got between my mare and her foal and that almost ended up badly....lucky for her she got sent back scared to the house. Beyond that no problems. I do not ride with my Siberians though, I figure having the long lead to keep my Siberians where they should be whist on my horse would probably end badly for me, and possibly the horse, and the dog.

Bit of a general question...... so Meeko met my horse Archie when he was about ten weeks old and was pretty scared of him then. But my horses goes to live in France for half the year so hasn't seen him since and is now 6 months. Horses are coming back in a few weeks and in the summer I'm planning on taking Meeko over there aswell so I don't have to leave him at home when I go out there. Now I have had always had GSDs and they have been a bit of a pain round the horses and would snap at there heels, lucky the horses are quite laid back but we obviously have to be careful. I was wondering if Anyone has huskies and horses and what are they like together? I know all dogs are different but just in general?? X

can I steal your puppy lol gorgeous

our sibes are same re horses/pones they go nuts ish near them, they don't wanna eat them more a chase of they wanna play with them