Tearing up tooo many things : /

HuskyGuerl

I cant get my two year old male to stop tearing up things...every day we come home and he has something tore up. (remind you hes outside in a large fenced in area with three other huskies lots of bones and toys) He is always tearing up our carpeting on the screened in back porch or chewing on the porch steps and breaking them. We built a shelter for them to go under and tryed locking all of them of the porch like the vet said and he just tore up our screen and got back on it and tore up more stuff. So we attempted to putiing fencing along the screen and I know he cant get through it but some how he is still getting up there. The bottom of the screen on the porch is 3 feet off the ground and we have fencing starting there up 3 more feet. I dont know what to do anymore. Any suggestions??

Huskies are known for being destructive. However that's mainly because they are bored. Does he have enough exercise? I Might be he needs way more than the other three. did read you have other huskies, so maybe he just really likes destroying the carpet? I can only offer my opinion - to get rid of the carpet or anything he can tear. And about the stairs, maybe make them concrete? I'm sorry I probably won't be much help to you.

Also I wouldn't give them all the toys, just select a couple, and after about a week change them, so they could be like "oh haven't played with this in a long time!"

It sounds like boredom. Even with other dogs in with them, when dogs are by themselves in a yard, most of the time they won't get nearly as much exercise as you think they are getting. Its kinda like a kid being sent to his room to play, every single day. Eventually they want to do other things.

Yeah I agree - having more than one you can sometimes think they are all the same, their exercise levels are the same and what not but it isn't always the case - maybe go that little big further on walks or have a good play before you leave him. My one needs more mental stimulation than the other else he gets really bored and stroppy so maybe try some games with him before you leave? Just some ideas. I can't help you more than that sorry.

When I adopted my boy he was very destructive in his first home - ripping the fences apart, breaking metal stair gates, defecating at every chance and just naughty. With a change in his diet and regular training games and excerise (touch wood) he has been brilliant. I like to make sure they will sleep after their walks, I know I've done a good job then :P

Thanks..Ill try to do longer runs with him..Every day when we get home we normally go on a 2 mile run..Ill switch it up with him and maybe go 5..And i never thought about that with the toys cus they play with them outside and then inside when we let them in. And we also have very well decided on the carpet being ripped out.