Sigh. I can't control my life ): . (Lengthy rant-ish?)

Tatipu

Great guys.

I can honestly say after someone's post, can't remember who. Whoever I said nicely said to, I started to study and I stayed at school until 7 on a Friday (from 8 - 7. the Friday that just passed, crazy studying man) to study and catch up on work that I was behind on.

I'm really trying here but I was really tempted to just leave many times but I forced myself to stay x_O It was very difficult and I'm trying to motivate myself to stay more often and utilize my time more but I guess since I never do it, it's hard at the moment to get used to :\.

Anywho, I am trying (or I feel like I am) to do better by studying (a whole week early :o!) for my tests and I already finished my hw due next week (yay!? :D) So, now... all I have to do is study a little bit every day and I'll have a lot of free time. I do feel bad that I missed playing on Friday though as well as most of my Saturday but I did what you guys suggested and when I became uninterested in finishing my work, I took Jelly to the park and we had fun for about 1 1/2 hours then came home and worked a little bit more.

To the people who suggested that I should play with Jelly instead of games, it really helped for that part.

But STILL -- I am feeling very game-deprived lol. But at least I got to log on the forums +_+ (Sorry if I take forever to respond too, it's because I try to stay away :P)

I WILL DO BETTER >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and @simhauu:

People said that I named Jelly badly, but I like her name >:.

They made fun of me for naming her that x_o.

@raindog: When you say grow up I assume you mean stop being immature ? I lived a very sheltered life and I don't socialize, hence I'm told I act like a 7 year old (7 year old in this case is very playful -- been told this since I was in intermediate school). Not sure I know how to grow up because all I've ever known is what I do. But if me doing my work and straightening myself out as best as I can is considered growing up, then I'm on my way to success? D: .

and @Al Jones: Thank you for that, made plenty of sense

Any who, what works right now at least for the past day is either school computers or when I get uninterested in work, Jelly for awhile. I do have a laptop but I kind of broke it so it's not portable ;3.

ANYWAYS, thanks to everyone who helped set reality straight for me, I'm not going to say I can't or I won't anymore and make an excuse for my "addiction" because I will. And I know I can do it. I just have to believe that I can do it and try to succeed :x.

Ok, thanks to everyone who were blunt and told me what really needed to be done and the reality of the situation. At first, it can be a bit hurtful and I feel like coming to my defense when you guys are harsh but I realize that it's true and I need to fix things like this so thank you very much. I appreciate this more than you know. Thank you.

-V

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and @simhauu:

People said that I named Jelly badly, but I like her name >:.

They made fun of me for naming her that x_o.

Congrats on studying. ˆˆ You'll forget about games in time.

I got that a lot, too. About naming Ghost wrong. Two friends of mine renamed him Toast. I think it's very cute and easy to say. A guy I met outside named his dog "Fly" because he knew nobody else would name their dog that. :D

[MENTION=7701]Tatipu[/MENTION], let me compliment you on taking a lot of 'tough love' from all of us and taking it well.

A friend of mine on another forum had "There is no long term gain from short term satisfaction!" as his signature.

My only other "tough love" comment, don't think about trying to do something - that means you're not (interested in) doing it, just go ahead and do it! Since you said you spent time at school you've shown us you can do it!! Congratulations!

Thanks Al Jones,

It seems like studying is paying off so far -- I guess I just didn't utilize my time properly because I still have a lot of time to do things that I like even though I'm spending time studying (:

It's just all about planning it correctly it seems(:

I can still bring Jelly to the park every other day so I'm a happy camper. :D .

Time management is *not* something that comes naturally, it's a skill that has to be learned and once learned can serve you well. Glad that you're getting things together. Let us know how the year progresses and you might want to see if the school has a class in time management. Or maybe this link from Dartmouth might have some pointers for you (( okay, I'm sending you to the web to help you learn how to use your time off the web ... is this maybe, counter intuitive ))