Cant believe it

Stormy

Wow i am in shock i think im shaking and almost crying....

Just got a text saying this:

Hey its julie from the salon, really sorry but we dont think u r what we are looking for at moment, ive rang several times but no answer sorry

I have had no missed calls on either of my phones!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrh! How cowardly of them! I'm sure I have heard about such things happening before though.

In terms of employment rights, ACAS is the one to phone. (The helpline is manned by those qualified in Personnel so they are pretty good in the knowledge dept on this sort of thing)

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

I don't know how long you've been there but sadly, employees have little by way of rights if having worked there for less than a year.

Yup, thought I'd come across this sort of thing before:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264168/Leicestershire-shop-manager-sacked-text-message.html

If you read the article, you'll see that he'd worked there for just under a year so nothing could be done. The union described it as 'callous' - I think it is as well.

Yup, thought I'd come across this sort of thing before:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264168/Leicestershire-shop-manager-sacked-text-message.html

If you read the article, you'll see that he'd worked there for just under a year so nothing could be done. The union described it as 'callous' - I think it is as well.

I could think of a lot worst things to call it :@

Hey [MENTION=2176]Stormy[/MENTION] that was a really chicken-shit way of doing it. Seems someone doesn't have either enough nerve or sympathy to take the adult option. With everyone else, I agree it's pretty callous, pretty cold - but if that's the way they treat potential employees then you probably wouldn't want to work there long anyway!

Best of luck with your future, there's someone out there who wants your quality of service - even if it means going it on your own and showing them that you are that much better than they are!

I agree with Angela. Do you want to work for people like that? Obviously they lie. Unless, did they call the wrong number and then accidentally text you? If they say they called and there is no record, maybe they were calling someone else? Did you call them to confirm? I know the economy is bad everywhere, but in the USA we have "at will employment" and you can quit or get fired for no reason.

Your right :) No they definitely had the right phone numbers they are just lieing about calling me! I had no idea it was coming atall as far as i was aware they were quite happy with me and i went in and did my job i was getting good reviews from clients etc.

I had no idea it was coming atall as far as i was aware they were quite happy with me and i went in and did my job i was getting good reviews from clients etc.

and therein lies the problem!.. you were too good and someone quite obviously saw you as a threat on either a personal or professional level