Cant believe it

Stormy

Make sure that you get the money that is owing to you, including holiday pay. Also I would suggest that you get in touch with ACAS as you may well be entitled to severance pay. Make sure that if they start giving you a hard time that you tell them that you are going to contact the local paper to let them know how they treat their staff. You have evidence to prove that they did not try and call you and letting someone go by text is just cowardly. You're better off out of it. Fingers crossed that you get a better job in the very near future.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I oversee 11 salons here in the US, and I have to say that is one of the most unprofessional cowardly ignorant thing to do. If one of my managers did that to an employee, I would fire them on the spot. Can you collect unemployment? If I were you I would call them and make them speak to me on the phone, instead of TEXTING! Two can play game- what's my schedule look like? Uhh didn't you get our text? Nope, why what's up? Make em squirm, cowards. Its sad those are the business leaders in the world....

First, If they could text you that you're not what they are looking for, they would after a couple calls, send you a message to contact them.

Second, I've had people tell me they called me but I never got missed calls. My phones work against me (sometimes they just decide that they don't feel like being available too)

My mom was looking to change workplace during the summer from a position she really liked working at to a position at another firm she already worked for (and paid more). Her former colleagues called her to apply for it because they wanted her there. Well, she was supposed to go for a second interview. Her friends there told her that on her application is a note saying "Called but no one picked up" (or some other made up lie). Turns out, the other part of the department my mom applied to, wanted a different girl to work there, mainly the one woman leaving the job. Thankfully, she was able to clear it up and, of course got the job.

Sorry, I don't know if you were applying for the job or already working there, but really they can't do it over a text... I'd think you're a victim of what my mom went through. :/

Spoke to them today....

I asked what the reason was and about my p45

I got back will speak to the account and you had a few complaints from gents and some women...

I then asked what were the complaints so i know for future referance...... she couldn't answer me???? and said will get back in contact about my p45!

Really sorry to hear that Storm. They are so unprofessional for doing it like that. Your too good for them anyway if that's how they treat people, funny how you've not had any other complaints from customers in your other jobs!!

Hope you find something else soon :)

Unfortunately no i havn't signed any contract so i have nothing to stand on! Im now just waiting for them to get my P45 im not even going to attempt to ask what the complaints were again as she could not answer me before so i do not believe them.

Hopefully i find something asap!! I have applied for quite a few things so far :)