Escaping from Harness

Loopylou

Hi everyone,

My sibe is just over 2 and has recently been doing everything she can to escape from her harness. She wraps herself around trees/lamp posts then pulls back and gets out of it. She isn't a big sibe and the harness fits her snugly but she still gets out of it and runs like hell! I'm getting to a point now where im scared to walk her on my own in case she gets off (im not built for running lol :)).

Can anyone recommend a harness where if she did pull back she would never be able to get out of it?

Thanks in advance

Louise xx

You could try the control harness from pets at home with the control lead, kai used to pull out of his harness and i used to hate it! but with this, you could attach him to two different parts on the harness which has about 4 parts to clip onto. Using this for kai, its been a lot easier and he hasnt really tried to pull out, he normally gets firghtened and that is normally when he tries to pull out but now, if he gets frightened, he just pulls back a little bit, realises he wont get out and then just stops. Hope you find a soloution soon :)

We always have harnessess on , collar on, and link the 2 together with a small collar that way if they come off one they are still on with the other allowing enough time to keep hold of them while sorting out. The best way I can describe our harnesses are the type that staffs wear, the leather ones but obviously made for our sibes. We love these as they are quite body hugging.