Will five month old pup get cuddly?

ponder85

I'd say prob not, my girl has never been like that - despite me throwing myself at her (not literally lol) our boy however would sit all day and get cuddles, just different personalities. The only time we get cuddles from Nanook is if she is in season then she likes mummy hugs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It should...My two older sibes are very cuddly and always want in bed with us..but the two 9 week old pups i can not get to stay in bed with us..My 2 year old male echo never started cuddling intill he was probably a year old..i know he hated laying with me when he was young..i hope everything works out :)

As already mentioned, it depends on the dog's personalities.

I wish Suka would cuddle with me, but he refuses too. He always growls at me if I try to hug him, and if I try to 'force' him to cuddle he growls and trots away. Dominant little sh*t!!

Does it matter?

Would I have taken the time to post the question if it didn't matter?

It should...My two older sibes are very cuddly and always want in bed with us..but the two 9 week old pups i can not get to stay in bed with us..My 2 year old male echo never started cuddling intill he was probably a year old..i know he hated laying with me when he was young..i hope everything works out :)

It seems like I remember hearing things like this from somewhere. People saying it took about a year or so.

Thanks.

My girl isn't cuddly and she's nearly 3 she's never been big on cuddles n prefers her own company but when she looks at me u can tell she love's me that's all that matters to me sure it would be nice to cuddle her but I have my boys for that

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

My girl isn't cuddly and she's nearly 3 she's never been big on cuddles n prefers her own company but when she looks at me u can tell she love's me that's all that matters to me sure it would be nice to cuddle her but I have my boys for that

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Sounds like my two yr old gsd. She will follow me into a room, get a few pets, then it's off to chew on a rawhide.

My male sibe is like glue.

Just wonderin if there's a way to tell how the little one will be.

I'd rather her be cuddly, but if not, it's no big deal.

Would I have taken the time to post the question if it didn't matter?

No reason to get snippy, but some people don't want a dog if it doesn't become the one they thought they would have. So maybe my question should have been "If she doesn't, will it matter if you keep her or not? Some just aren't cuddly...Huskies are known to be aloof and selectively deaf...

Thanks to those with constructive replies. I was just wondering. She's a sweetheart either way. She seems like she's progressing to being more affectionate. We've only had her about two months. Just wanted to see what other experiences were.

Yes,they all have their own personalities and some love cuddles,but from my experience of adopting 3 male huskies,it comes with time.

The 2 I have had the longest love to try and get as close to me as possible and love hugs.

The latest addition,who was 7 when we adopted him 9 mnths ago,used to growl and flinch whenever he was touched.

Hachi is now becoming more affectionate,he has stopped the growling(Fear/dominance) and actually comes for a cuddle and lays at my feet now. He has grown to trust,learn that human touch can mean pleasure and not pain and become more comfortable in every way. It just takes a time.

As already mentioned, it depends on the dog's personalities.

I wish Suka would cuddle with me, but he refuses too. He always growls at me if I try to hug him, and if I try to 'force' him to cuddle he growls and trots away. Dominant little sh*t!!

as dose ours but when he wants to he expects it then and there and for as long as he wants then hes up and away for his space

but its not such a growl more of a grumble under his breath

Each has their own personality. Some end up being magnets, others prefer their space. Both of my huskies began their lives not wanting huggles and loves. Ryn, at 2, will follow me from room to room but doesn't actually enjoy hugs and love unless she inititates it. My first boy was similar, until the age of 8 when he decided that hugs were fun.