Went to the Hospital

Elyse

Not a rant, just wanted to hide in here.

This morning was the best morning I've ever had. Like seriously.

I woke up with a splitting headache, then took Advil to get rid of the pain. About 15 minutes later, as I was warming up pizza for breakfast (it was 5am, okay!? I didn't want to make anything!), I suddenly felt really nauseous and needed to lie down. I took a few steps towards the couch, and I don't remember anything else.

I think I passed out, because I woke up on the floor. My arm hurt, so I must have landed on it.

I get up again, but this time I feel nauseated and light-headed and dizzy. So, I rush to the toilet to vomit a few times.

After that was over, I stumbled back to the couch and looked at the clock. 7:30am, and I was late for my midterm exam. Shit.

I try to get up, but find I can't seem to get the energy to do so. I'm really scared at this point - nobody else was in the house (or they were all sleeping). Luckily my phone was on the table, so I called 911.

They show up, the woman made some stupid comment about me having a hangover from a party (I haven't partied in AGES), and they set to work with checking my vitals. Everything was fine, even though it felt my heart was going a million miles an hour.

I was put into the ambulance. They check my blood sugar (4.2 - normal), my blood pressure (124/80...so normal), and they take my blood for the hospital so it can be checked when I get in.

After waiting in the waiting room for 2 hours (Triage), I was registered in the hospital. After a bunch of questions (Pregnant? Medications? ect), I was given a pee cup.

Problem was, I didn't have to pee.

So I waited in the 3rd waiting room, drinking water trying to go pee, for atleast an hour. It seemed like everytime I drank some water, I would throw it up.

Eventually, the doctor comes over and helps me over to a patient room. He says: "Good news, you're not pregnant." -.- THANKS TIPS, I KNEW THAT (due to obvious reasons...)!

Even though I felt weak, it took everything I had to not give him the WTF DUH look!

Then he says I must have a bad virus or something, and I'll probably continue to puke for the next week or so. He sends me home....but not before writing me a note so I can rewrite my midterm when I don't feel like I'm dying.

So, yeah....feeling a bit better now. Maybe I should try to eat crackers or something - haven't eaten all day and its 3pm.

Edited by SolitaryHowl

I've had a few dizzy spells since I moved out here to the desert - the end result from my doc was "You have to eat something, at least once in a while!" The problem is, if I'm not hungry, I don't feel like fixing anything! Anyway, I can relate to standing up and then finding myself on the floor other than hurting, it doesn't feel to bright! Glad you're feeling better - er, you are feeling better,yes??

I do have one question for you, though. You said "He says: "Good news, you're not pregnant." -.- THANKS TIPS, I KNEW THAT (due to obvious reasons...)!" I thought all you womenkind had it in to get preggers so that you could live the life of leisure off some sugar daddy ... doesn't 'not being pregnant' sorta go against the drift ... I'll leave now, quietly!!

I've had a few dizzy spells since I moved out here to the desert - the end result from my doc was "You have to eat something, at least once in a while!" The problem is, if I'm not hungry, I don't feel like fixing anything! Anyway, I can relate to standing up and then finding myself on the floor other than hurting, it doesn't feel to bright! Glad you're feeling better - er, you are feeling better,yes??

I do have one question for you, though. You said "He says: "Good news, you're not pregnant." -.- THANKS TIPS, I KNEW THAT (due to obvious reasons...)!" I thought all you womenkind had it in to get preggers so that you could live the life of leisure off some sugar daddy ... doesn't 'not being pregnant' sorta go against the drift ... I'll leave now, quietly!!

Al I absolutely love your sense of humour

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Get well soon! I suffer regularly from attacks of nausea and have for 9 years now ( a bit like a very long winded morning sickness! Lol). If you are struggling to keep fluids down, try freezing sports type energy drinks (not redbull types) into ice cube trays, lucozade/ Gatorade is good. Suck them slowly and when you feel up to it, try something like crackers/dry toast. Remember to listen to your body, don't force yourself too hard. Take care and hope you get over this soon x

Thanks everyone!

I'm back home with my family & Suka, so I've been just taking it easy. Mom's been taking care of me, haha!

I'm feeling a bit better, but still woozy. I had a husky meet today (a hike), but I couldn't make it. :(