moving abroad

x-o-emz-o-x

hi my partner has been offered a new job which is great in every way, only thing is we would need to move eventually to spain, my only worry is loki, does anyone else in a hotter country get on ok with there husky? dont want to upset him etc or go somewhere where its too hot for him!! thanks in advance guys xx

We have many members in hot countries and they cope very well with the temperature.

member [MENTION=1531]Smokey[/MENTION] lives in Las Vegas USA it's HOT out there.

Yup...I lived in Las Vegas (moved to Chicago). My dogs were about 85% outdoors. It's very HOT in Las Vegas. I think it's the second hottest city in the US after Phoenix (don't quote me on that). We built an air conditioned dog house for the puppers but they NEVER used it. In fact they enjoyed basking out in the sun even in 120 degrees weather. When Smokey would come inside after basking in the sun, he was usually very warm but it was his upper coat that absorbed all the heat. His body actually stayed a decent temperature. I don't think most people realize how 'hardy' our dogs are :)

i live down south in Mississippi, it gets over 100 degrees here in the summers. Luka was fine, i just don't leave him outside unattended. Make sure there is plenty of water available to keep him hydrated and we had our walks at night. We also bought him a pool to play in which he loved. He doesn't seem to mind but he sure does love when it starts getting cold. :)