New owner

Candie

I was just given a 4 week on Husky today. Yes I know 4 weeks is to young to be away from mom but she was rejecting the pups so I took one to help. I have 2 Schnauzers so I am familiar with dog care. Any tips anyone willing to share to help me to get this little girl to thrive? Her name is Aurora. Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Husky Owners.

Well done for taking on the little one so young.

Pictures please :)

Have a look at this

http://puppies.about.com/od/NewOwners/a/Development-Birth-to-3-Months.htm

it should give you some ideas about what you need to be helping Aurora with away from her litter.

post-1354-13586078603775_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the welcome! I am sure I will be asking tons of questions. I really don't know much about huskies but I am a huge dog lover and I couldn't turn her away. I can already tell she is gonna be totally different than my Schnauzers. Here are a couple pics of Aurora.

post-8813-13586078635795_thumb.jpg

post-8813-1358607863899_thumb.jpg

Well here is my first question, but I am sure will not my last I am sure. Because she is so young I am not sure crating her is the best idea. I crate trained both my Schnauzers but they were must older. I let her sleep with me last night so I would hear her when she woke up to go to the bathroom. ( Our dogs sleep with us every night). I am afraid the separation from her mother and siblings will be to much for her. Will she be ok in a crate for about 6 hours tomorrow while I am at work?

Thank you all for the welcome! I am sure I will be asking tons of questions. I really don't know much about huskies but I am a huge dog lover and I couldn't turn her away. I can already tell she is gonna be totally different than my Schnauzers. Here are a couple pics of Aurora.

OMG - just look at her! :wub:

Jeez, you're going to have your hands full, but hey ho, well done you for taking her on.;)

Well here is my first question' date=' but I am sure will not my last I am sure. Because she is so young I am not sure crating her is the best idea. I crate trained both my Schnauzers but they were must older. I let her sleep with me last night so I would hear her when she woke up to go to the bathroom. ( Our dogs sleep with us every night). I am afraid the separation from her mother and siblings will be to much for her. Will she be ok in a crate for about 6 hours tomorrow while I am at work?[/quote']

I would crate train her otherwise when she's older it will be more difficult if she's used to sleeping with you , it might be abit long to leave her is there anyone who can check on her during the day for u?

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I would crate train her otherwise when she's older it will be more difficult if she's used to sleeping with you , it might be abit long to leave her is there anyone who can check on her during the day for u?

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I completely agree with this especially because the fact that she is so young and you don't want her to learn that it's okay to potty in her crate.

Welcome and your pup is absolutely adorable, good for you taking her on :)

• 3 months later...