Me being on HO

robke

Hi All,

just to say that I might be on HO looking but responding much and I will tell you why. My 16 year old daughter tried to take her own live last Sunday night by drinking a cocktail of Bleach, Nail Polish Remover and Detol. She was taking into hospital within 20 mins of drinking this.

She has been in observation till this morning and moved of that ward after lengthy conversations with pyshologists, doctors etc..and hopefully she is allowed home tomorrow.

The reason why is a mystery to us and might always be a mystery but the right path are being chosen so that she and we can talk to the right people and sort her out....

The damage that she has done to her self can only be checked out next week as offcourse her throat en wind pipes are damaged and swollen so that a camera cannot go in and look. She has no voice but for a whisper but that is expected...

These last couple of days we can count to being the worst days of our existence and we would not wish to our worst enemy....

Rob & Di....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Rob. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of whatever the problems are once she is sorted and out of hospital. Cant even imagine what you have been put through over the past few days.

Thanks for letting us know Rob.

Go take care of your Daughter.

We'll still be here when you have the time to come back.

Oh rob how awful.

I hope she pulls through. When I was younger and life was tough, I wrote poems. Some of them dark and miserable and when I read them now I think "wow i must have been in a dark place then". Writing helped me.

x

I work with children of this age group and sometimes these things happen, which come as a complete shock to the parent who are loving caring parents. She is now in the right place and getting the help that she needs. Please don't over analyse and beat yourselves up over whether or not you could have foreseen this happening. Children of this age are very good at hiding their feelings from their loved ones. Sometimes it an be a minor event that tips them over or possibly a series of minor events or a major trauma to them. With help and support I hope that you all come through this dreadful time.

My god. I'm sorry for the pain you are all going through. I had a situation with my daughter around that age and it was incredibly difficult. Believe in yourselves as parents and give her the support she needs. Vent, please do........thoughts and prayers with you.

Same as everyone has already said, thank god you got her in time and she now realises that you are there for her no matter what she is going through. I have a boy of the same age and I know he has been through some difficult times over the past couple of years but fortunately he likes to talk and although we have our good and bad days he does talk to us about the more serious issues. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you. H.O. will still be here once your daughter is on the road to recovery. Take care and remember we are thinking of you and pray for your daughter to have a complete recovery.

Oh my god, I'm sorry this has happened!

When I was around that age (not too long ago), I felt suicidal and depressed almost all the time too. I found, besides antidepressant medication, that drawing and writing seemed to help me a lot.

Thank you all for you kind words...

Having just come back from seeing her in hospital it makes us feel good that you all are thinking of us... she is doing much better, she is at least talking and smiling

she is coming home tomorrow and the long road to recovery starts... She has, at this moment lost her taste buds and she cannot smell anything...

Now the waiting time starts to see if and when that all will come back....

I will be online and keep you all posted....

Thanks again for your responses....Rob & DI

Just an update....she is home now and from test that have been done we are pleased to say that the damage done is minimal and everything as far as that is concerned should return to normal in due course..she will still be on medication for a long time for that to help repair the damage that has been done....

Now it is up to the other professionals to help her and try and find out everything else and set up a program to help her...

Let's hope there will be some sunshine at the end of this thunderstorm... and that emotions will go back into their corner where they belong....