Parvovirus outbreak in Wigan area?

Devildust76

Hi All

It has been brought to my attention that there has been an outbreak of the Parvovirus in Wigan and some of the surrounding areas. I know this won't affect many of you but for those who live in the area, like us, it is a concern. Please be extra careful where you walk for the time being I'd hate for anyone to get sick :(

cheers for the parvo information ...as for the other article ...my husband rips out any cruelty to animals out of the paper s befor i read it ...because it dos,nt do me any good ..because i cant, do anything about it and it just upsets me ..."monsters" ...is right ..

I must admit I haven't personally heard of any cases around where I am but will still be vigilant over the dogs. Even though they've had their jabs, I know they can still contract the disease ( I had a GSD many years ago that caught Parvo at 8 months old, luckily he pulled through & was not ill again till he died at 13yrs) so will keep a watch on them

I would be careful, there is a new strain being seen that has none of the traditional warning signs and affects adults more than pups. Four of a friends LGDs were found dead and all tested positive for parvo, nothing else, but displayed NO SYMPTOMS. Her younger puppy was tested and had caught the virus, but had no ill effects. The other, 2 old and 3 young, dogs were clear of the virus and are doing fine. I've heard of a few other similar cases going.