Your husky's favorite chew?

Juno

So I've been looking for things to keep Juno busy these days. I have bully sticks, cow hooves, antlers (both split elk and moose), some puffed raw-hides, kongs with puppy stuffin and the kong teething stick, get naked puppy teething chews, and quite recently I tried those potato based dental things shaped like a hedgehog. She likes them all at first, but gets bored after a few minutes.

I don't think she has ever finished a bully stick completely, but that's mostly because she will leave them around and my other dog will sneak in and finish it off :confused:

She will chew on the antlers once a day, but gets bored quickly because they don't give her enough motive to keep going.

She loves the puffed raw-hides made by merrick, but I worry about raw-hide based chews since they are made white by bleach and they explode in a dogs stomach.

She loves the hooves for a little while, but I also worry about splintering with those, and they smell like butt.

The kong is okay, but she gives up after a little while, and won't work for the stuff at the bottom.

The get naked teething chews are by far my favorite because she will finish them off. She loves the fruity flavor and gets something out of it after about 3 minutes of chewing. The potato based dental things are also good, and reasonably priced when you buy them in bulk and not individually at a pet store.

So what do you all use that your dogs can't get enough of?

I have considered getting a treat/dog food toy despenser to keep her busy, so if you have reviews on any of those, and know where you got them, I would love to hear it.

Any input is welcome!

So I've been looking for things to keep Juno busy these days. I have bully sticks, cow hooves, antlers (both split elk and moose), some puffed raw-hides, kongs with puppy stuffin and the kong teething stick, get naked puppy teething chews, and quite recently I tried those potato based dental things shaped like a hedgehog. She likes them all at first, but gets bored after a few minutes.

I don't think she has ever finished a bully stick completely, but that's mostly because she will leave them around and my other dog will sneak in and finish it off :confused:

She will chew on the antlers once a day, but gets bored quickly because they don't give her enough motive to keep going.

She loves the puffed raw-hides made by merrick, but I worry about raw-hide based chews since they are made white by bleach and they explode in a dogs stomach.

She loves the hooves for a little while, but I also worry about splintering with those, and they smell like butt.

The kong is okay, but she gives up after a little while, and won't work for the stuff at the bottom.

The get naked teething chews are by far my favorite because she will finish them off. She loves the fruity flavor and gets something out of it after about 3 minutes of chewing. The potato based dental things are also good, and reasonably priced when you buy them in bulk and not individually at a pet store.

So what do you all use that your dogs can't get enough of?

I have considered getting a treat/dog food toy despenser to keep her busy, so if you have reviews on any of those, and know where you got them, I would love to hear it.

Any input is welcome!

Hi

We give Kodi the hedgehog shaped chewies and the other ones that are shaped like toothbrushes. He also has Stag Bars which, like Juno, he gets bored with easily if he can't get a good chew going! We also have a Kong Wobbler which he adores but this can get very noisy if he can't get the treats out of the hole as quick as he'd like and much barking ensues :) To be honest though he's still happier in the garden chomping on the plants and trees!

Yea I believe we use the same hedgehog and toothbrush chews. I just ordered a bag of 7 on chewy.com because they were $11-$13 for a bag of 7, wereas it's about $2-4 for an individual one at the store. I also bought some halo dog chews flavored in mint and in pumpkin. I figured she would like them, but we will see when they come in the mail today. I thought about getting that kong thing, but I don't know whether or not her kibble will fit in the hole...

They're so expensive in petsmart, but I found them on dogsupplies.com for a lot cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Suka loves 'Chewlottas' by Milkbone. Lasts about 30-45 minutes for him.

He also loves chewing on (raw) bones, but only if they have a lot of meat on them. He hates the antlers - I have a whole package of them if anyone wants 'em.

He loves his KONG, but if he can't get the food out within 45 minutes to an hour he gives up and asks me to help him. LOL

I bought the IQ ball from petmountain.com, along with tons of the Twistix chews and some kong stuffin. She loves the IQ ball, but it's loud because she likes to slid it under her paw until it hits a wall or some sort of furniture, and then food comes out.

I took her kong yesterday and put a treat in it, then put the kong stuffin around it. She went at it for about 30 minutes, and then got the treat and gave up with the rest.

I do like to rotate treats, but I do it by letting her pick out which one she wants. I pretty much take out one at a time, and hand it over to her. If she is in the mood, she will wag her tail, grab it, and take off. If she doesn't want it, she will either leave it alone in my hand, or pick it up and drop it on the ground.

One thing she really has a blast with are the Merrick big dog rawhide puffs that come in the 2lb variety bag. I bought another recently, and in it were a ton of the texas toothpicks, two shin bones, and a couple of puffed rawhides. She tries to bury them in her bed, and gets frustrated when she can still see them...

Even though she's not a big fan of the toothbrush and alligator chews, she will eat them when we are in the car or when she's at work with me. For some reason, she just doesn't pay a lot of attention to them in the house, so Sadie takes off with them and hides.