Neuter & Spay Advice

Cherrie-Nanook-Indy

We've just dropped the pooches at the vet. Nanook is being spayed and Indy is being Neutered. We thought we might as well get them both done at the same time as it might be easier with restricted exercise etc. any advice on what we should expect/ do when they get home?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

my boys were a tad hypo when we got them home, as we couldnt pick them up till evening and they had their op in the morning so was fully recovered and hypo cause been in cage all day. once home they chilled and was quiet all evening, we was given recovery food for them, but this went straight through them so normal food was best. made sure they had water through the night and even let them out during the night. but other than that they were fine, but they were 6 months, their balls hadnt dropped so we decided not to wait!

There was a big difference between my two on the first night. Bear was very quiet and wanted to sleep but Ice whined and cried all night, even started to howl at one point. Both were very bouncy and hyper the following day, back to normal in other words! Lol. Good luck, hope it goes well x

Thanks everyone, when we dropped them off Indy was very happy to go with the vet just bounced a long side but Nanook kept looking back at us like "Mum, Dad what's going on?" Lol I'm sure they will be fine, they are both having "complicated" ops just because Indy's bits are still up in his groin so it's a bit more invasive and There is a possibility that Nanook is pregnant so it might be a bit more complex. I'm sure after a days bed rest they'll be ready to go again tho. I'll keep you posted

Just had a call from the vets, it seems that Indy has never developed testicles or a scrotal sack? We thought his plums were up in his groin but apparently they are his glands (lymphatic I think) they have opened his abdomen to check all in there just to be sure but all evidence suggests he has never had them? How bizarre. He has come round now and is responding well. I just feel bad that we have made him go through all this for nothing in a way. I know that there is a massive risk of cancer if his bits were still in his groin or abdomen so we had to be sure to cut the risk of that. My poor boy, hope he doesn't hate us too much for this.

We had Daughtry spayed about 2 weeks ago.

She was very chilled out and quiet for a couple of days.

She is a very shy quiet pooch anyway.

She's had the stitches out and has healed up nicely.

Even with 3 other inquisitive dogs in the house it very trauma free.

I think if YOU stay chilled they won't worry. :up:

good luck.