Had It With The Vet

Mobezilla

My vet has really been pissing me off. I may be over-exaggerating, but shouldn't I feel comfortable enough with my vet to ask him questions about my dogs? Every single time I've been there for check-up and shots, its literally a two-second check up where all he does is feel down Cloud or Yuki's body and he saws 'yup they're fine'. Then, when they give them their shots, two assistants hold Cloud or Yuki down with gloves making my pups even more uncomfortable while the vet gives the shot. Um excuse me, my dogs aren't a piece of meat. My vet has never asked me what kind of food I feed my dogs, nor showed any interest in the lifestyle or habits of my dogs. The assistants are really friendly and always answer my questions, but the vet himself is what really ticks me off. What set me off today was that while I was waiting in line for a worm test for Yuki, the vet was talking to this lady about her pet. I only heard part of the conversation, but it pretty much went with the vet saying 'Well, especially with a cat this young there's not much you can do' with which the lady replied 'it's my dog that has tumors. You put down my cat two weeks ago.' Ouch, you're telling your client that her puppy has tumors and then you go and say its her cat, that just died? Real consoling. The service is just putting me at wit's end, not sure if I'm asking for too much but if he showed even ANY interest in the health of my dogs it would be nice. </rant>

Just change him, doesn't sound like he cares enough. We go to a vet clinic at which there are 4 different vets, and each of them and the number of nurses ask as about Ghost. (If our top vet is not there and other takes our appointments.) They are all happy to see Ghost and give him treats. Ghost himself is VERY unhappy if we settle things like the deworming pill in the hallway and he can't go to the back examining room. You want to be welcome there, not just by the assistants since the vet is the one who you entrust your dogs with.

I'm sorry you have to go through this with your vet! I agree the vet should be a positive welcoming place, and for God's sake they should be able to remember you and your pet! Each time we go in they always are happy to see whoever it is we're bringing and ALWAYS ask how everyone else is doing. They always take the time to make sure everything is going well, no concerns at home, ask about our exercise routines and diet. I love our vet, but we too had to sort through some 'bad apples' to find our great vet!