Living with parents with your dogs

Stormy

Anyone else do this? I am very greatfull they are letting me but I have concerns trust me it's better than having to rehome or leave them though!

My mum has already said it smells in here now which it may do a bit as its raining so wet dog lol.

I have moved into the living room will have a double bed in here plus two old sofas. Sacrifice here is I won't ever have complete privacy but its so I can keep the sofa seperate from the cats and I have access to the garden from here and can go out the front gate.

I wouldn't want to go out at the moment incase the dogs make any noise while in their cages this is one of the worst because I had got to a great point where I could go out whenever I wanted and not worry about the dogs but obv at some point ill be working again and having to leave them, my mum doesn't work but she has no clue on dogs atall.

Anyway like I said its much better than having to rehome or leave them up north :)

I live with my parents & we have storm our 7 month old husky. Was my choice to have a dog.

at first my mum was quite reserved & abit nervous about Storm as she had never owned dogs & was generally quite scared of them. My dad on the other hand loved dogs! But now my mum loves him the most! :)

Which I'm very lucky & grateful they care for him just as much as I do! :D only thing she doesn't like is there hair everywhere .. oooops!! lol

when me and him indoors split up, i did consider moving back down south. staying temporarily with the parents would have been an option if just had the bird, but the other two playing are too lary with doddery people in their late seventies. I also had to consider my job. moving up with no work was stressful and i wont be relocating with no job to go to in a hurry. i looked into house share that allow dogs (roombuddies.com i think). but for the sake of my finances and the doofs. i am staying put with ex him indoors until he moves to scotland to be with his new bird

Unfortunately for me i didn't really want to stay there as it is technically "his" house and i would just end up so lonely if i stayed there atleast here i have my family and friends around me :) Jobwise well i was about to go for an interview but no point now! So looking for work here now.

The garden is a big garden so could possibly look into some kind of run for them :)

I'm the parent with the children still at home lol. They're everyone's dogs(but really mine) until someone does something naughty. Togo has chewed a shoe and an irreplaceable leather backpack ( its no longer produced) in the last three weeks. Hence they're now my dogs.

To simplify it, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians in this house!

our dog run is mainly made of heras fencing which we got for free so if you could source some it shouldn't cost the earth and it would be moveable when you find your own place. Instead of a husky dating agency howabout a large house -like a student house where each person has their own space but that is husky friendly and you could help each other out with dog sitting etc. Any lottery winners want to buy a big house with lots of land and lots of rooms.

We live with my parents, we move because of OH work (he works for my mum). It's not easy, I too get the "it smells like dog in here " comments along with the "can you Hoover". My parents don't do anything with the dogs but they don't mind them. It took us a while before they would settle in their crates we just had to ask other family members to be patient till they settled. Hope you get sorted soon hun xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

They are already relaxing a bit more in their crates now :) Will take time but my parents are being really understanding and actually are amazed at how good they are lol!

Went for a nice walk today with Kerry on this forum :) I feel a hell of alot better for it as im very up and down emotion wise at the moment! But started to relax more and the dogs are settling already :) on the down side.... me and kerry got absolutely soaked!!!! lol