How long does it take you?

MollynDiesel

So i was just sorting our dogs food out for dinner and was just wondering how long does it take everyone to prepare your dogs food?

Takes a few hours to defrost D's food normally then 5mins to put it all in the kong, then another couple of mins to dish out the other 2's kibble.

So how long do you spend on your dogs food? :)

It depends on whether I'm doing two meals (dinner an breakfast) or several days worth. On average it's just half an hour a day. Three have dried food, safi has rice and turkey.

Boil kettle, put rice in microwave on 5mins with boiled water, mean time, fry in plenty of butter the turkey mince. When microwave stops, stir rice, put back on for 2 mins. When mince juice starts to crystallise add water to make more liquid. Turn off heat, rinse rice in cold water dish up turkey an rice, add omeprazole, denamarin and space cakes or placid mixed in yogurt, make all sit an wait then serve lol

I never leave them to eat alone so I stand with them until finished

Lol a few seconds to measure then stick in kong wobbler then tell skye to get it, if you walk out of room skye will sit and wait til you get come.back so then you have to tell her to get it again but a couple of times then she will start knocking it and eating again. But if we are going by skye -pester mum or grandma for an hr before its tea time (tea time only) morning she will sleep.til its getting measured then she runs through waits for you to finish and as soon as you turn around she runs into lounge sits next to kong and waits for.you to pick.it up and.fill.it then looks at you til you tell.her she can get it.lol.so longer from skyes point of view.

Used to be a few seconds when they were on kibble, but now they're on raw it takes about 5 minutes - I'll get their bag of mince out of the fridge, squidge it up in their bowls, put it down, and while they're eating I'll get another bag out of the freezer and put it into the fridge to defrost for the next day.