Stress of other dogs cause diarrhea ?

I just wondered if anyone can tell me if stress of another dog being about can cause diarrhea ? Some of you may know that due to an eviction notice and numerous complaints, Lumikki had to go back to her breeder (Lisa). Anyway we just have Marley home now but before Lumikki went back to Lisa, Marley always suffered with severe diarrhea. It wasnt every now and then, it was constantly and it was causing problems, eg when we took him for a walk we were having to take loads of water incase he did a poo and we couldnt pick it up. We were also spending a fortune on different foods ect....

Anyway since Lumi went to Lisa, Marley has been a completely different dog. He seems happier,has piled all his weight back on and more importantly his diarrhea has completely gone. I havent changed his food since she went. He seems like a different dog.

Could Lumikki have been causing him stress, causing the diarrhea or is it coincidence ? (obviously not intentionally)

could have been her stressing him we had a staff who complusively licked her self had runny poop nothing medically wrong with her so done a trial rehome where there were no other dogs or kids with in a week the runny poop and licking stopped so she stayed there and she hasnt been happier lol think some dogs just enjoy the quiet life x

Stress can cause the runs in people so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same were true in dogs. Sorry you had to let Lumikki go, you must be wondering if this year is ever going to end by now, remembering some of your earlier posts it sounds like things have gone from bad to worse. Big hugs, I hope 2013 will turn things around for you all. X

Leyka&Diva Marley used to lick excessively too, I didnt connect it with anything but come to think of it, that seems to have calmed down too.

Thanks everyone, Louise you might be right, he might just be happier as an only dog. The change in him really is unbelievable. Even my sister has noticed it, before he was always quiet and in the background, very overshadowed by Lumikki whos personality is very pushing and demanding.

Stress can cause the runs in people so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same were true in dogs. Sorry you had to let Lumikki go, you must be wondering if this year is ever going to end by now, remembering some of your earlier posts it sounds like things have gone from bad to worse. Big hugs, I hope 2013 will turn things around for you all. X

Yes Emma this year has been a struggle because of one thing and another, things are finally starting to look up with just starting our new business Tonys DJing and my photography, Michaels DLA appeal date is also very soon (6th Nov) so lets hope that goes well and 2013 is the year for us.

Could have done. My dogs have been much happier since we lost Diesel. But he was causing them obvious stress as he was aggressive towards them.

Lumikki wasnt agressive as in attacking Marley but she did bully him a lot. If he had a treat she would take it then growl at him to stay away. She would also gobble her food down and then guard his so he couldnt get to it so I ended up separating them at mealtimes.

Whenever he wanted to lay about and chill she was always pulling at him to go play and trying to get him going. He is such a laid back dog he just wants to lounge around and all she wanted to do was jump around like an idiot.

Lumikki wasnt agressive as in attacking Marley but she did bully him a lot. If he had a treat she would take it then growl at him to stay away. She would also gobble her food down and then guard his so he couldnt get to it so I ended up separating them at mealtimes.

Whenever he wanted to lay about and chill she was always pulling at him to go play and trying to get him going. He is such a laid back dog he just wants to lounge around and all she wanted to do was jump around like an idiot.

sounds like an unsuitable match then, he'd probably do better with an older, calm dog :)

Kira sounds like Marley, but luckily the other 2 have each other to play with so she gets left to snooze :D

sounds like an unsuitable match then, he'd probably do better with an older, calm dog :)

Kira sounds like Marley, but luckily the other 2 have each other to play with so she gets left to snooze :D

He probably would, Dont think I am getting another though. Ive had nothing but bad luck, he got on so well with Bear and I was gutted when he had to be rehomed because of the caravan ect.... then this with Lumikki. He is def going to be staying an only dog. He seems happy that way.