What would you do

Kieferwolf

How would you discourage a charva (American/Canadian forum members basically a welfare scrounging/non working/kids to different fathers person) from having a sibe litter

bearing in mind her sibe is non kc/ in horrendous condition for a five month old, and she is breeding to keep one puppy, and rest is monetary gain.

Yeah ano just makes me wanna puke

we have sibes and we have in the past we have fostered for uk husky rescues I know from friends of friends that most the uk rescues are rammed

she doesn't work/walk her sibe properly and she i am sure me mate said got her sibe at 5 weeks old.

Find a video of a birthing gone horribly wrong. Pieces of puppies being birthed out. The STDs that can be passed between canines. The chances of their pups being put down before they reach 5 from hip dysplasia. And of course ask who is gettign the other puppies and what guarantee she will sell them with to protect them from being dumped at any kill shelter.

I dislike these types. Ticks me off everytime I have to deal with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of me just wants to stay out of it

The government needs to do something with unregistered breeders, can guarantee the charva in question and her so called stud dog she is going to use will be related in someway. There is 3-4 people I know locally with sibes and none are decent breeders

one kennel I know locally apparently had a litter of 12 pups hmmmm because a decent breeder wouldn't remove breeding endorsements so he bred two bitches and registered them all under same dam.

i'm not a breed snob but i cant believe people will pay good money for a non "pedigree".. i paid 500 odd quid for the bird with her kc reg, the other two were free rehome/rescue and i love them all equally. If people didnt pay stupid money for non registered dogs then the lure of monetry gain would not exist.. oh well in an ideal world

The thing with that, is that some BYBs claim their dogs are purebred (and they might be, but from very poor lines) and they have their papers, but they really don't. So people are suckered in.

I think a rigorous education program for the public, as well as stricter laws on the breeding of dogs/cats would help to solve the whole BYB problem.

Nix, what a great find that was.

Just thinking about any of that would put me off (mine are all 'done')

Typical £££££££s to idiots like this I'm afraid, nothing else matters.

Take the dog off her!

I can't take the credit it was posted somewhere else n I bookmarked it for future reference , mainly to put dad off wanting to breed skyla

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner