Introduction

Tilly

Hi,

just thought I would introduce myself and my pup.

Im Tilly and my beautiful husky is Beau.

She is my first husky and my husbands first experience of owning a dog.

beau is 13 weeks old and we have had her three days. So far so good.

she is paper trained and come to her name as well as sitting on command. Only problem we have experienced is she tends not to want to go to bed and howls, until I tell her bed. (My husband feels put out she doesn't listen to him).

Any advice on how to get her to respond to him better would be appreciated.

Thanks xx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations on your new addition - she is lovely :)

post-1262-13586079962229_thumb.gif to Husky Owners - the best place to be when you own (?) a husky:bananadance1:

The only thing I can suggest is that your husband have more interaction with your puppy training wise - let him feed her at least once a day and enforce the rule of sitting before he puts the food down. Let him also be the one to take her out for walks, at least where possible, and do leash training and sitting at stop streets etc. It is important that he be involved in the puppy training, otherwise he will just be another body in the house who hands out treats and cuddles. Good luck, I am sure she will soon be listening to him too.

Thank you for your welcomes and replys,

my hubby does one feed and one walk a day. But when I'm about she likes to stay with me. So for him to have quality time with her I have to go out or upstairs.

I'm sure in time it will get better.

Welcome to the forum, and I agree she's a beautiful little one. But I must have missed something in translation here:

[h=3]beau/bō/[/h][TABLE="class: ts"]

[TD]Noun:

[/TD]

[TD][TABLE="class: ts"]

[TD]

1. A boyfriend or male admirer.
  2. A rich, fashionable young man; a dandy.

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Why is everyone calling the pup her??? << tease >>

She is a cutie!

I have two pups, one is almost a year old and the other is almost 5 months old.

There are two of us, and with Nikko we each did an equal amount of training and walks, and I fed in the morning the other fed at night and Nikko is equally attached to both of us.

Different story with Yukon…With the first training class the trainer only wanted 1 person working with the pup as to not confuse him. So I have been solely responsible for the training, and I am also the only one that feeds and walks him, therefore Yukon is primarily attached to me. He will follow me around and when he curls up he likes to be next to me.

I think if each of you spend an equal amount of time with the pup, then she should bond with both of you ;-)

Welcome to the pack!

Hi and welcome. Usually a dog will pick one member of the family that he/she will attach herself/himself to and that person wll be the person that they follow around the house all the time and listen more to. However this does not mean that she will never learn to listen to your husband. Your husband just has to spend a little more time with her and it doesnt have to be alone time. If she is more attached to you when you are around try sitting next to your husband and getting her involved in some play. Like passing a lil ball between u and ur husband that way she is involved in little play between the both of you. Or maybe having ur husband hold some treats and asking her to come. She just gotta know that its just as much fun to be around him as it is to be around you and just as important to listen to him as it is to listen to you. So he just gotta be a little more involved in play/training time. I hope this helps. It went through the same thing with my puppy once and even though he continued to be more attached to me he still listened to my husband when my husband told him to do something. Also she maybe more attached to you because you are home more often than your husband is. That's why my dog is more attached to me. Its not such a bad thing though it can get a little annoying :P but u cant help but love them for it. Makes me feel special :)