Hi from the west of Ireland.

dunkjake

Hi all. We need some help and advice. We rescued a Husky when he was 9 weeks old. He was in a real bad way, now he is 5 months and fine and healthy. BUT he is doing a lot of nipping and snapping to our kids and older dog. Any ideas to stop this? Older dog is a 5yr old German shep x lab

Its hard to put in words, but we are wondering why our scruff is not taking to the pup (wolfie) we thought be great for him as have big field and would have play mate and scuff gets on with any dog he meets. Pup gets loads of love and attention and scruff to but when stroking and such pup starts to bite or nip. Not good with a 4yr old boy and 7yr old girl who love the dogs to bits

Welcome to the pack , give the pup a firm no cross your arms and turn your back or like mentioned yelp like another dog would ,,

Your other dog might just need some time to get used to the pup if he's been an only dog for some time specially as the pup is jumpy and nipping

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Thank you' date=' we will give that a try. Hope it works cos if not we may have to try find new home. Hope dont come to that cos he gorgeous dog, but im sorry my kids safety comes first.[/quote']

Totally understandable it does just sound like he's being a hyper husky tho , just needs some guidance n training to make him realise he can't act like that , hope it works out

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner