Micah at vet with possible hip problems

Rosemary

Oh rosemary sorry to hear this I hope the tablets help. I suppose side effects are like what we get some people get them and some don't.

All our fingers and paws are crossed for you here x x x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micah was back at the vet today. Yesterday she started licking her bum area so I checked, and there was what looked like a burst 'something'. I kept it clean and my husband took her back to the vet today. I was going to go with, but Ozzy went mental on us, he knows there is something wrong :( So I once again stayed home with him - not a good idea.

The vet says the meds she put Micah on is human medication, but as it is so much cheaper, they prescribe that before canine meds :confused:

She says Micah developed an abscess which burst, she is now on Petcam at three times the cost, but hopefully she handles this better than the other. She is much better movement wise, and is getting around without the stiff legs or limping, so hopefully that will continue on the new meds. She will still be going for the x-ray in December.

And now the Oz Man

He was besides himself when Micah left - he ran around the house screaming - going to each and every window and door trying to get out. I have never seen him react this way - it was actually scary, I was worried that he would do himself an injury. After about five minutes he walked up and down the passage howling and panting, then howling and panting. Poor boy, he is as stressed as Micah, but boy, the joy when they were reunited, you would think she had been gone for a month :rolleyes: Ozzy is not a demonstrative husky, but Micah got so many kisses from him :heartbeat:

Errrgh! That's never good! :(

I'm glad the meds seem to be helping. Make sure she doesn't push herself too hard (now that she can't feel the pain anymore, she'll probably start being 'bouncy'. That's what Suka was like, bouncy and playful and completely not-Suka-like!!) as that will probably damage her joints further.

Oh Rosemary what a worry, so sorry to hear about micah. Is there any chance you could get her meds from the Internet. It would be cheaper than from the vet. You buy a prescription from your vet and send it to the online company then just ring or email when you need a repeat. I get safi one prescription with four repeats so that's four months worth of drugs.

I use medicanimal for her drugs

• 3 weeks later...