Question of the day

Stranger

Im always come up with random useless questions which i dont need to know the answer to but must know....

so ask a question and see if anyone has the answer :)

why can you see heat...im sitting next to a heater as our heating is down, and on the wall opposite i can see the heat, but i cant actually see the heat coming out the heater...why is this :)

cheers

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Instant response - with nothing to back it up - what you're seeing is the air movement caused by the rising air coming off the heater, it's less dense as it rises (warm air expands) so you actually see the motion. Right next to the heater the motion is too quick and it's a constant speed / temperature so it doesn't appear.

How's that for completely off the cuff??? << laughing >>

I love this, I always ask the most silly random questions that border on stupidity!For example...

1)Why are hands called hands?!

2)How did the first people that kissed know what mouths were for?!

and finally...

3) Why can't they print more money?!

1) hmm just as interesting as why are feet called feet.... hmmmm

2) so funny that one...not a clue but if someone knows this is a must find out!!!

3) because the value of the money will go down i believe :D

ooo such fun :)

Seriously.... what came first? The chicken or the egg?

Well... Considering evolution happens on chickens too, the chicken must've been eveolved from something that couldn't lay eggs. Eggs don't evolve, chickens do so my answer would be the chicken :D

Why, in the US, do you call a certain sport 'football' despite that it doesn't involve any balls nor foots? :rolleyes:

Well... Considering evolution happens on chickens too, the chicken must've been eveolved from something that couldn't lay eggs. Eggs don't evolve, chickens do so my answer would be the chicken :D

I would say the egg came first. An egg laying bird evolved almost to the point where we could call it a chicken, changing with each generation until the first thing that can actually be called a chicken hatches, so the egg came first?

I love this, I always ask the most silly random questions that border on stupidity!For example...

and finally...

Beats me, but they've been called that since Teutonic English ( c 1000ce ) Interestingly enough, the uses to which we put the word "hand" today were as common in Shakespeare's time ( 1600ce ). "To come to hand" and "A hand of cards" for example. (( Oxford English Dictionary ))

and finally...

From wikipedia:

Many mammals and other animals have grasping appendages similar in form to a hand such as paws, claws, and talons, but these are not scientifically considered to be grasping hands. The scientific use of the term hand in this sense to distinguish the terminations of the front paws from the hind ones is an example of anthropomorphism. The only true grasping hands appear in the mammalian order of primates. Hands must also have opposable thumbs, as described later in the text.

Humans have two hands located at the distal end of each arm. Apes and monkeys are sometimes described as having four hands, because the toes are long and the hallux is opposable and looks more like a thumb, thus enabling the feet to be used as hands.

The word "hand" is sometimes used by evolutionary anatomists to refer to the appendage of digits on the forelimb such as when researching the homology between the three digits of the bird hand and the dinosaur hand.

and finally...

Omg! Im always asking number 3..and no one tells me!!! Great minds think alike eh?! :P

Omg! Im always asking number 3..and no one tells me!!! Great minds think alike eh?! :P

Did you know it costs more money to produce coins than the actual value of the produced coins? Now that will boggle your mind for a while :D

Edited by BlueWolf

Did you know it costs more money to produce coins that the actual value of the produced coins? Now that will boggle your mind for a while :D

Yep, that's why Canada is getting rid of the penny. It cost a lot more to produce than they're worth...like in the billions more.

I think that it pushes the cart, why? Look at it this way . It wears an halter attached to the shafts of the cart and when the horse moves forward it pushes the halter with it's shoulders. Well that's what i assume happens. :confused:.............Ron

I think that it pushes the cart, why? Look at it this way . It wears an halter attached to the shafts of the cart and when the horse moves forward it pushes the halter with it's shoulders. Well that's what i assume happens. :confused:.............Ron

Hmm.. it pushes the halter, yet the cart is behind both the halter and the horse, so my guess would be that the horse pulls the cart unless anyone can come up with another explanation?

Hmm.. it pushes the halter' date=' yet the cart is behind both the halter and the horse, so my guess would be that the horse pulls the cart unless anyone can come up with another explanation?[/quote']

The horse pushes the halter and the halter pulls the cart.

Next question! :D

It's just like with huskies. Huskies are attached to harnesses, which they 'push' on...but the harnesses are attached to the sled (so the harnesses 'pull' on the sled!).

But, anyways, the horse pulls the cart (and huskies pull the sled) because the cart/sled are behind them and not in front.

Okay, next question: Why can't we sneeze with our eyes open?