Question of the day

Stranger

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently the chicken vs egg thing is the whole Evolution or Divine Creation kinda thing.

I think it goes if its the egg, then its divine creation (saying that God or whatever put the egg there)...but if its the chicken than its evolution?

But, it can be argued because evolution is basically by genetic mutation and natural selection throughout millions of years, the egg came first because there had to be an egg to produce the 'first chicken' so that chicken can find another 'first chicken' to create a whole bunch of little chickens...

and to answer the kissing question it evolved from when the parents used to chew the food for the children so that they could eat after they had been weaned and before developing teeth this would then be passed mouth to mouth, this then came an expression of love which evolved into kissing

and to answer the kissing question it evolved from when the parents used to chew the food for the children so that they could eat after they had been weaned and before developing teeth this would then be passed mouth to mouth, this then came an expression of love which evolved into kissing

arrhhhh thats sweet...and yet ewwwey at the same time lol

next question - have humans stopped evolving or are we finally going to grow that extra pair of hands we always need...lol :)

arrhhhh thats sweet...and yet ewwwey at the same time lol

next question - have humans stopped evolving or are we finally going to grow that extra pair of hands we always need...lol :)

You can only evolve when the weaker and the disadvantages die, which is absolutely unthinkable in our society. So yeah,. no extra hands sadly, lol.

You can only evolve when the weaker and the disadvantages die, which is absolutely unthinkable in our society. So yeah,. no extra hands sadly, lol.

ah man i was looking forward to getting an extra set!

Do genetics have an affect of who you become....or is it how your brought up or what your around?

ah man i was looking forward to getting an extra set!

Do genetics have an affect of who you become....or is it how your brought up or what your around?

ah the old nature or nurture question, genetics gives you what you are and what you are able to do, Nuture is how you deal with those gifts. If you think about the so called third world populations there must be amongst them people with the capability to become the next Einstien but due to lack of a formal education they can not develop the skills needed to shine but it is compensated by having skill sets we can never achieve but genetically we are the same

LOL [MENTION=5355]Al Jones[/MENTION]

Another question. A classic one:

If a tree falls in a forest, and if nobody is there to hear it...does it still make a sound?

(My answer: YES! 'Sound' are vibrations in the air. Even though there are no ears to pick up the sound, the sound is still made.)

LOL @Al Jones

If a tree falls in a forest, and if nobody is there to hear it...does it still make a sound?

(My answer: YES! 'Sound' are vibrations in the air. Even though there are no ears to pick up the sound, the sound is still made.)

If a man voices an opinion in a forest and there is no woman to hear him is he still wrong

LOL @Al Jones

Laugh at me will ya!!!!

Since the definition of sound requires the presence of an auditory device ( an ear ) then the right answer is "no!"

1. a.1.a The sensation produced in the organs of hearing when the surrounding air is set in vibration in such a way as to affect these; also, that which is or may be heard; the external object of audition, or the property of bodies by which this is produced. Hence also, pressure waves that differ from audible sound only in being of a lower or a higher frequency. Cf. infrasound, ultrasound.

Since there is nothing to hear it, there is, by definition no sound!

Well... Considering evolution happens on chickens too, the chicken must've been eveolved from something that couldn't lay eggs. Eggs don't evolve, chickens do so my answer would be the chicken :D

Why, in the US, do you call a certain sport 'football' despite that it doesn't involve any balls nor foots? :rolleyes:

it does involve a ball and a foot which is called a kicker. lol im confused on this one

I think the better question about the US & Canada vs Every Other Country football debate is:

Why does nobody think 'Soccer' is a much better name than 'Football' for the sport!? LOL

the better question even yet is Who even came up with the name Soccer? haha And i think they spell it Futball

Football, definately football. Try changing it in the uk and there will be hell to pay! We take footie very seriously over here (unless you're my parents and are obsessed with rugby, which I always think looks a lot like American football!) lol

Football, definately football. Try changing it in the uk and there will be hell to pay! We take footie very seriously over here (unless you're my parents and are obsessed with rugby, which I always think looks a lot like American football!) lol

there will be hell to pay if you try to compare rugby and OUR football over here! lol

We take our FOOTBALL very seriously over here. Between the NCAA and NFL we mean business.

soccer is very boring to me to watch, but a blast to actually play. i played in highschool. it's crazy how differently we all live sometimes. :)

there will be hell to pay if you try to compare rugby and OUR football over here! lol

We take our FOOTBALL very seriously over here. Between the NCAA and NFL we mean business.

soccer is very boring to me to watch, but a blast to actually play. i played in highschool. it's crazy how differently we all live sometimes. :)

Lol. Yeah, I find most sports quite boring to watch too. Particularly cricket. Why would you invent a sport that takes days to finish?! Very weird!

having played both Rugby Union and American football and that includes playing against US forces here in Europe. I can say that American football is not a patch on Rugby we played against US Forces teams at both sports and for me the American version is too closeted, a player spends hardly any time acually playing, at least with rugby a player is on the pitch for the whole game. I used to wear less body armour whilst in a combat zone than in an American football game but was more likely to be injured playing in fact whilst I had five tours in Northern Ireland, 1 tour in the Falklands and a short tour with the British mission in East Germany the only time i was hospitalised was as a result of playing rugby. There is a reason so many British Doctors play rugby they regard it as a job creation scheme. that said I enjoyed playing both games and found them both superior to Football/Soccer.