Stranger

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why did the chicken REALLY cross the road? :S

Maybe the chicken never did cross the road, Maybe, its all a conspiracy by the chickens to make us THINK they crossed the road when in reality they didnt go anywhere, i mean has anyone ever seen a chicken crossing a road???? Maybe all the chickens are sitting back laughing at us now because we fell for it!!! Lol :P

Question: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

However much he wants to chuck. :P

why did the chicken REALLY cross the road? :S

Because there was a female chicken on the other side and...

Maybe the chicken never did cross the road, Maybe, its all a conspiracy by the chickens to make us THINK they crossed the road when in reality they didnt go anywhere, i mean has anyone ever seen a chicken crossing a road???? Maybe all the chickens are sitting back laughing at us now because we fell for it!!! Lol :P

:lolman:

Yes, but only a fixed amount of time into our past - time = distance / speed where speed = the speed of light. You could adjust this and say that when you look in your bathroom mirror, you are seeing your face as it was in the past - roughly 3.33564095e-9 (or 3 billionths) of a second ago if you stand 0.5m away (so the light travels 1m)

</nerd>

Yes, but only a fixed amount of time into our past - time = distance / speed where speed = the speed of light. You could adjust this and say that when you look in your bathroom mirror, you are seeing your face as it was in the past - roughly 3.33564095e-9 (or 3 billionths) of a second ago if you stand 0.5m away (so the light travels 1m)

</nerd>

When you put it that way everything we see or hear came from the past :rolleyes: In fact, even feelings are because it takes time for the nerves to reach the brain. _IS_ there actually a 'now' or are we just always stuck in the past? :P

'Now' does exist, but you can't measure / record / see it as it takes (possibly a very short) time for the signal (of whatever kind) to travel the (possibly very short) distance from the source to the receiver. If they are moving, then you need to factor in an extra time delay (the Doppler effect) as well...

When you put it that way everything we see or hear came from the past :rolleyes: In fact, even feelings are because it takes time for the nerves to reach the brain. _IS_ there actually a 'now' or are we just always stuck in the past? :P

MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!

MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration—that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Bill Hicks

I just walked down the stairs wondering if it was possible I already fell down the stairs but just hadn't realised it et. And now you made me wonder if I'm not just dreaming and I will wake up any moment, forget about it and continue on living a completely different life.

Yep. This thread isn't doing me any good, I'm off to bed :rolleyes:

I just walked down the stairs wondering if it was possible I already fell down the stairs but just hadn't realised it et. And now you made me wonder if I'm not just dreaming and I will wake up any moment, forget about it and continue on living a completely different life.

Yep. This thread isn't doing me any good, I'm off to bed :rolleyes:

:huh::wtf:

I need to hit the sack pretty soon also...

question of the day....star trek is based/set in 2200 something right....so question is, do you think this program is our "future" use that term losely as it is still fiction...but what i mean is, will we ever get worp capability...(or in my case the ability to spell :facepalm:)

Imagine if there was a planet that had a mirror placed on it directly pointing at earth and us looking at it with a telescope with infinite zoom. Would we be able to look into our past that way?

imagine a planet 1 light year from earth then firing a single photon from earth towards the mirror it would take 1 year for the photon to arrive at the mirror and then another year for it to return. so the photon seen returning to earth would be two years old when it returns

question of the day....star trek is based/set in 2200 something right....so question is, do you think this program is our "future" use that term losely as it is still fiction...but what i mean is, will we ever get worp capability...(or in my case the ability to spell :facepalm:)

Probably not that soon in the future, if we keep on going the way we're going. If anything, we're going to drive ourselves to extinction unless we clean up our act and start to care about the environment a LOT more so than we're doing now. After all, none of us can live if the Earth/environment takes a crap.

Take for example China: they are STILL building coal power plants even though its known everywhere that coal is one of the worst contributors to global warming. Why are they using coal, then? Cause its cheaper.

Just like how all of Las Vegas is run on coal - its much cheaper. And politicians are greedy mofos...actually the human species as a whole is very greedy.

So, until we can overcome our greediness as a species then we'll drive ourselves, and millions if not billions of other species, to extinction.

why do americans write the day mm/dd/yyyy as apposed to me UK dd/mm/yyyy

Cause Americans like to be different from the rest of the world, for better or for worse. Take, for example, their imperial system. Most of the world's developed countries, if not all, use the metric system ...yet the U.S uses the Imperial system.

OOh so what I've already typed is already typed??

I have wondered how many versions of us there are - i.e. you have a giant 'map' of decisions and choices in your life and your 'path' is determined by these.

I'd like to see what my other selves are doing like - what if I hadn't gone to that uni or taken that job? Where would we be? I feel like our choices are laid out already but it's a case of the choice/s you make. Like Door A or Door B.

I may be confusing myself here !!!! :huskyfall:

OOh so what I've already typed is already typed??

I have wondered how many versions of us there are - i.e. you have a giant 'map' of decisions and choices in your life and your 'path' is determined by these.

I'd like to see what my other selves are doing like - what if I hadn't gone to that uni or taken that job? Where would we be? I feel like our choices are laid out already but it's a case of the choice/s you make. Like Door A or Door B.

I may be confusing myself here !!!! :huskyfall:

Have you read any Richard Bach? Start with The Bridge Across Forever and work on from there.