Anyone reccomend a good STRONG fleix lead?

jessiezara90

We currently use the Flexi 'comfort long' for one of ours but I loathe it. :( It is strong and has a reasonable length, but I don't like it because the handle part of it is too small for comfort, and the line is very thin which can cause cuts to your hand if you suddenly need to haul your dog in. I also have problems with the button that you use to control the length of lead - most of the time it works, but occasionally it doesn't. This is potentially dangerous if out near main roads.

I can't offer any advice other than to NOT buy what we have, but would be interested myself if there is one that doesn't suffer with the flaws listed above.

I would love a flexi lead' date=' but the problem I have is with the handle, I used to use one on Willow when she was a pup and she could pull it out of my hand, where as a normal lead you can wrap around your hand[/quote']

Maybe [MENTION=685]Sid_Wolf[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2703]Staceybob[/MENTION] could make you a wrist strap for it ;-)

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I would love a flexi lead, but the problem I have is with the handle, I used to use one on Willow when she was a pup and she could pull it out of my hand, where as a normal lead you can wrap around your hand

I use a police lead over my shoulder and clip the over end around the flexi handle so if they ever pulled it out your hand, they're still attached. I do the same with 30ft, 50ft and 100ft leads.

Stacey xxx

I would love a flexi lead, but the problem I have is with the handle, I used to use one on Willow when she was a pup and she could pull it out of my hand, where as a normal lead you can wrap around your hand

We attach ours to our walking belts

• 2 months later...

I have an 8m FLEXI GIANT XL tape lead for up to 75kg. The only fault with it is that the lead starts freezing up when temperature go below zero, and it then has to be helped to retract. I would not use a different one with Storm.