is this woman mental - no excuse

brian brown

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it just me or do the dogs just look a little dirty and like they're blowing? they dont look underweight to me :S

Yes they're blowing, but you can clearly see their ribcage and even separate ribs in some of the dogs.

Yeah, I'm thinking it MUST have been a breakdown of some sort. Or, maybe her pride got in her way and she didn't want to mention that her dogs may be in trouble?

Yes they're blowing, but you can clearly see their ribcage and even separate ribs in some of the dogs.

Yeah, I'm thinking it MUST have been a breakdown of some sort. Or, maybe her pride got in her way and she didn't want to mention that her dogs may be in trouble?

Thats not uncommon in race fit working line sibes, they are kept very lean. One of my girls is working type and its very difficult to keep any weight on her. They look slightly skinnier than i'd like but nothing horrific and I definately wouldnt say imaciated

According to people who know her (in the uk racing scene) the mail hasnt printed the full story (as per!), I dont know who she is so cant comment

is it just me or do the dogs just look a little dirty and like they're blowing? they dont look underweight to me :S

Ohhh Sid, we are so alike. I'm glad it weren't just me thinking that.

Besides the dog with the blue eyes thats clearly lost a lot of weight from the one photo to now, they look pretty lean like some race dogs I've seen.

However, from what's described, it's completely disgusting behaviour and I wouldn't dream of doing that to Aleu. I haven't get the best head but I always have the best intentions for my dog.

Stacey xxx

Interesting. If that's the case, then I wonder how and if she'll get out of the charges and be able to own pets again?

doubtful, the RSPCA wouldnt know a fit siberian if it bit them on the arse, they agree more with the barrels that most people seem to be walking these days :(

doubtful, the RSPCA wouldnt know a fit siberian if it bit them on the arse, they agree more with the barrels that most people seem to be walking these days :(

Not just the RSPCA either, it's the vets too. Constantly telling me that Aleu's weight isn't high enough, and then the one time she got called fat??? (Birmingham Vet) Can't win with this lot lol. I use my experience from working in the vets to judge Aleu's weight, but she does get more lean in the winter because of us running a lot.

I was slightly offended last year that someone at a husky meet (fb one) said isn't she too thin and they had what I'd describe as an overweight husky. I just replied with, no she's ran three times a week and eats like a horse lol.

Stacey xxx

Not just the RSPCA either, it's the vets too. Constantly telling me that Aleu's weight isn't high enough, and then the one time she got called fat??? (Birmingham Vet) Can't win with this lot lol. I use my experience from working in the vets to judge Aleu's weight, but she does get more lean in the winter because of us running a lot.

I was slightly offended last year that someone at a husky meet (fb one) said isn't she too thin and they had what I'd describe as an overweight husky. I just replied with, no she's ran three times a week and eats like a horse lol.

Stacey xxx

what would they have thought of Keyu?! same weight as Aleu but spread over a bigger area lmao, she's not got Aleu's stockiness either!

Wonder what some would think of the dogs in some of the UKs top racing kennels :rolleyes:

Here's a photo from the rally I went to, and all of these dogs were fit and healthy (just posting cos someone mentioned the ribcage thing)

post-2703-13586080051926_thumb.jpg

Just to make a point, I'm not saying the woman hasn't neglected her dogs as clearly she has as she admits to it. I'm just talking about weight in general now.

Stacey xxx

Ya know before I read any of the replies the first thing I thought is the one in the first picture is blowing coat. It just looks bad to people to are uneducated. I mean dont get me wrong we obviously will not have the full story, but the images in that story say absolutly nothing.

it doesn't say when those pics were taken, before or after but if her own dughter reported her, they must have been in a bad way. surely her dughter knows what the dogs looked like previously?

i think the main problem is that it would have been a shock, they were acting sibes in the past so most likely kept slightly chubby as this is the image the public like of sibes. So when they loose a bit of weight and the ribs start to show its a shock if you've not seen it before

thats my guess anyway

i think the main problem is that it would have been a shock, they were acting sibes in the past so most likely kept slightly chubby as this is the image the public like of sibes. So when they loose a bit of weight and the ribs start to show its a shock if you've not seen it before

thats my guess anyway

Yes but she also 'worked' them so again, the daughter must have seen their 'natural' state. It says they were so thirsty they tried to drink a bucket of bleach!

Yes but she also 'worked' them so agin, the daughter must have seen their 'natural' state. It says they were so thirsty they tried to drink a bucket of bleach!

like i said i dont know the people, but reliable sources say the story has been twisted for sensationalism, which with the DM i can believe. But my personal opinion is that the dogs dont look bad in the photos, possibly slightly underweight but definately not starving or emaciated

On a side note - Kira's tried to drink a bucket of bleach, guess it looked tasty!

I personally don't trust a word printed in the DM. Either way, at least the dogs are on their way to getting looked after....

On the general weight topic...

A colleague of mine back when I was in the RAF had a black lab. Lovely dog. He was a very fit individual and regularly ran (canicross style) with his dog. It was in superb shape as you can imagine. He had no end of comments from people who though he wasn't feeding it. They had become so accustomed to the typical overweight labradors that they thought his dog was desperately underweight!

• 2 weeks later...

Brian, I found out some news on these dogs the other day from someone thats has been working with them - A few of them are on diets! They were actually overweight and some of the 'poor' condition dogs were just shedding their coats.

The main concern was the conditions they were being kept in with a lack of water but as far as emaciated goes, a few of them were fat lol. Funny how the media twists things.

Stacey xxx