is this woman mental - no excuse

brian brown

They don't look fat to me, or well, only one in the pictures to me looks a little overweight.

Any word on what's going to happen now? To the owner? To the dogs?

About 3 of the dogs have already been rehomed but some of the others are on diets. The owner has been banned from owning dogs for 10 years.

Stacey xxx

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's just how it stands at the moment. The rescues main concern now is rehoming the dogs that have come in.

Stacey xxx

Thanks for the info Stacey, glad they're being helped :).

As for their condition, she was taken to court & found guilty so there must have been real concerns over the dogs :S

Thanks for the info Stacey, glad they're being helped :).

As for their condition, she was taken to court & found guilty so there must have been real concerns over the dogs :S

I know, but having spoken to the rescue that took them in, and seen a few other photos of the dogs, they confirmed that the majority were in good health and just needed a good brush. I think most of the neglect accusations came from the lack of fluids available and their general home and welfare.

So she was banned from keeping dogs for ten years then?

Well, if we compare it to this individual who put a cat in a tumble dryer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-20313913 We can see that he got 56 days jail and banned for life. Now, I've seen that video and whilst it's not pleasant it's not as bad as many animal cruelty cases (say dog fighting etc). So, if they gave 56 days + life ban for him, she mustn't have been that bad to get away with a 10 year ban - certainly hints at the newspaper seriously over doing the story. Typical Daily Mail.

Seems more like a case of them deciding that for whatever reason she is not capable of looking after pets, rather than hurting or mistreating them intentionally. I don't know her so perhaps there is a valid reason things why things have ended up like this. Maybe clinical depression or other mental illness.

@LittleLuka

That was a really good point.