Elections 2012

jmscott

Go H-O! People united around the world for their love of huskies! :D

Yeah...Canada is kinda cold, isn't it? I'd rather be cold than be too hot, though, as if you're too hot you can only take off so many clothes until you're considered indecent. If you're cold, you can dress up as much as you like provided you can still move with all of those clothes on, LOL!

Personally I find it too hot down there...aren't your 'winter' temperatures only around 15 C? (60 F)

Where'd you go in Canada? And when (season)? (When's very important, you don't want to go to Canada during the winter especially if you're from warmer climates!)

Cold here at times, we get down into the single digits a few times during the winter. Ive seen zero F one time since I moved down here.

I think I've said before, but maybe not, my boyhood home was just across the river from Gananoque <sp?>. I've spent a bit of time in and around the area there; love Ottawa (or at least my 40 year old memories of it) lived in Hull for a couple of months while trying to get a place on a federal survey crew during the summer of 65, you had a crisis of government so the jobs went away for us yanks looking for work up there. (( I was 18 at the time - running from the draft )) Did some work with an American firm in Trawna for a couple of months - did NOT like that city, too much like LA.

I've driven the trans Can from the eastern part of ON, took a couple of weeks - picking up lumber jacks moving around, kids on summer break. Followed the road up to North Bay / Sudbury - now that's cold! - saw what strip mining can do to a place. Hudsons Bay area is beautiful but even in summer too cool for my blood! Turned south just after getting out the western side of the mountains and headed to family in Oregon.

Haven't seen much of the country but what I have I like, but I really have this problem with pissing ice cubes!

(( oh, yes, for those who don't know, "the river" mentioned in the first paragraph of my reply is the St Laurence ))

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go H-O! People united around the world for their love of huskies! :D

Yeah...Canada is kinda cold, isn't it? I'd rather be cold than be too hot, though, as if you're too hot you can only take off so many clothes until you're considered indecent. If you're cold, you can dress up as much as you like provided you can still move with all of those clothes on, LOL!

Personally I find it too hot down there...aren't your 'winter' temperatures only around 15 C? (60 F)

Where'd you go in Canada? And when (season)? (When's very important, you don't want to go to Canada during the winter especially if you're from warmer climates!)

Yeah, nunchuks for the win! The killer of TVs everywhere! :D

I've never been to Calgary, but I've always wanted to go out west and see the Rockies. Maybe someday.

Make sure, if you visit Calgary, to not go during the winter months cause they're absolutely brutal. I'd say around the summer is a safe bet for up there.

Yeah, New York's massive! Never actually been (the only place I've been in the states is Ohio) but Google says the population is just over 8 million.

NYC is very large! 8 million is only counting the 5 boroughs (city limits). If you count the entire metro area it is more like 20 million people.

I’ve been to NYC several times, and it is an amazing city! I only spent any real time in Manhattan though, and that is only a small part of the entire city. I did take a wrong turn and ended up in Brooklyn stuck in traffic for 2 hours LOL.

It used to be dirtier and more crime, but it has really cleaned up. They have less crime than Chicago, and Chicago is only a city of just over 2 million.

I lived in New England and it is by far my favorite place! The only place I have been to in Canada is Windsor, but I would LOVE to take a trip to Toronto…just need to get my passport now :(

20 million in the metro area!? *heart attack*

Yeah, Toronto's great for a few things:

CN Tower, obviously, also the Zoo is pretty awesome if you love animals.

The convention center sometimes has cool events going on, the art gallery's nice if you're into that, I love some of their military museums, the Eaton Centre is a huge 2 story mall but the traffic and prices are crazy, and Canada's Wonderland is the best theme park I've been to.

I love walking along the harbour front - they have some pretty neat places. Nice view, too.

But the traffic is horrible everywhere.

Niagara Falls is pretty awesome too - great parks, the Skylon has wonderful food, and the Whirlpool Jet boats knock your socks off! Tourists everywhere, though.

20 million in the metro area!? *heart attack*

Yeah, Toronto's great for a few things:

CN Tower, obviously, also the Zoo is pretty awesome if you love animals.

The convention center sometimes has cool events going on, the art gallery's nice if you're into that, I love some of their military museums, the Eaton Centre is a huge 2 story mall but the traffic and prices are crazy, and Canada's Wonderland is the best theme park I've been to.

I love walking along the harbour front - they have some pretty neat places. Nice view, too.

But the traffic is horrible everywhere.

Niagara Falls is pretty awesome too - great parks, the Skylon has wonderful food, and the Whirlpool Jet boats knock your socks off! Tourists everywhere, though.

Love to see the zoo! Luckily for me Memphis has a fantastic zoo and i go quite a bit! They added grizzly bears and timberwolves not too long ago. LOVE that exhibit. The wolves are beautiful and massive!

That's it. I'm visiting Canada soon. :)

Love to see the zoo! Luckily for me Memphis has a fantastic zoo and i go quite a bit! They added grizzly bears and timberwolves not too long ago. LOVE that exhibit. The wolves are beautiful and massive!

That's it. I'm visiting Canada soon. :)

Checked out their website, pretty great looking place (Memphis Zoo).

The Toronto Zoo has over 5000 animals representing over 500 species on over 710 acres (but that includes walking trails and the natural forest they built around). For comparison, the Memphis zoo has 2800 animals representing 400 species on 70 acres.

The T zoo is one of the largest and most recognized zoos in the world. They also have grizzlies, and (arctic) wolves.

I've visited other zoos, and I actually cried when I saw the conditions they were being kept in. The T Zoo has been the best zoo I've been to because they (atleast try) to provide their animals with enough space. Some exhibits are better than others when it comes to that, though.

The city of Toronto recently put the zoo up for 'sale' because it cut out the zoo from its budget. It wants private people to manage it. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.