gone :'(

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

allegras gone

John from the rescue came to drop off a crate and give me some advice about the girls fights.

after witnessing it for himself he said that angel would never accept her and it was more than just pack sorting out it was proper full on agression.

:(

so hes taken her

:cry1:

im in pieces i can hardly type

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just explain to your 5 year old that it was safer to send her to another home. I've got scars on my side from getting caught in the middle of a dog fight and I've been to hospital from an infected puncture from a dog fight so its better for the kids safety (might be easier to explain like that)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Oh no Louise, that's terrible news. I'm really surprised he reacted so quickly, doesn't sound like he really gave them much of a chance. Surely Angel's not the first dog to get her nose put out of joint by a new arrival?

Edit: ooh that's a bit negative of me isn't it! Sorry, Think I'm just a tad upset for you all.

Edited by emma1979

Oh no Louise, that's terrible news. I'm really surprised he reacted so quickly, doesn't sound like he really gave them much of a chance. Surely Angel's not the first dog to get her nose put out of joint by a new arrival?

Edit: ooh that's a bit negative of me isn't it! Sorry, Think I'm just a tad upset for you all.

i guess youre on the defence of me lol.

i know. wasnt my decision but one of my kids was in the middle of a fighy today too. and hed seen it was a high level.of agression.

i know. wasnt my decision but one of my kids was in the middle of a fighy today too. and hed seen it was a high level.of agression.

It might just have took time look at skyla n angel they are getting better each time they meet , gutted it didn't work out for u tho , big hugs

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

It might just have took time look at skyla n angel they are getting better each time they meet , gutted it didn't work out for u tho , big hugs

again it wasnt my decision :(

Doesn't sound like you really had much choice. Did he say whether he felt it was just a clash of personalities between those 2 in general? Or likely to happen between Angel and any new dog introduced in to the house? I guess it makes no difference right now but may be useful to know for future reference.

I truely am so sorry for you, it can't be easy for any of you right now. Big hugs to you all xxxxxxx

I totally understand when it comes to rehoming a dog. Other dog forums don't understand and they try to make you work things out and if you can't they make you feel like crap for giving up, but honestly, sometimes they are better elsewhere. When I rehomed Thatcher, it just about destroyed me. I do miss him, you know, like anyone else who raises a puppy from 6 weeks to 6 months would, but every time a little kid walks up to Juno while she has a ball or while she's drinking or eating something, I don't have a heart attack in fear that she will attack them.

Some dogs just don't get along. I bet your other dogs thank you though..

I'm really sorry... :(

I know its too late for suggestions, but I would have said they didn't like each other & Angel got hurt or something. A little white lie never hurt anyone, especially a husky that will probably get extra hugs from your kid! :)

Is john a behaviorist? What makes him qualified to assess dogs? He saw one scrap? Even blaze n skyla scrap sometimes n we've had skyla for nearly 3 years now . It took bings well over a month to accept blaze n that was a puppy coming into the house not an adult dog, I feel imo that they took her too soon they should have given you all more time it takes A LOT longer then a few days for a dog to settle in and for existing dogs to accept a new pack member

Big hugs

Is john a behaviorist? What makes him qualified to assess dogs? He saw one scrap? Even blaze n skyla scrap sometimes n we've had skyla for nearly 3 years now . It took bings well over a month to accept blaze n that was a puppy coming into the house not an adult dog, I feel imo that they took her too soon they should have given you all more time it takes A LOT longer then a few days for a dog to settle in and for existing dogs to accept a new pack member

Big hugs

i know. i left btw.