Yuki Hacking?

Mobezilla

Yuki ate a plastic measuring cup (this pup never ceases to amaze me). As soon as I got home she went to howl at me as usual, but started coughing and hacking and nothing came up. I found most the pieces of my measuring cup when I got home, and am assuming she ate a piece of it and it got lodged somewhere in her throat? From all the hacking this is my guess, what can I do to help soothe her throat? Is a vet visit in order (she goes in this friday for her last puppy shots) or should I wait it out and see? It's been about 10 minutes since I got home and she coughed about 5 times when I first walked in the door and once about 3 minutes later but has stopped now. Sigh.. she just loves to get into trouble.

OOOhhh.... touchy call. If you're not comfortable with any of this, get her to a vet!

*if it were me* I'd first take a good look down her throat with a flashlight (some good bright light) if she'll let you. If you do see something and think you can remove it ( like with tweezers - being VERY careful ) I'd do so, if you can't then it's a vet call for sure.

If you don't see anything I'd see if she can "play" ( again cautiously ). If she coughs when she starts to play - get her to the vet soonest, if it's big enough to even partially block the airway, it's big enough to do damage when / if it get's further down. If she doesn't and all else seems okay I'd just watch her like a hawk for the next 24 hours ....

Response: xD I don't trust my current vet enough.. he's so dumb -.- I did recently take Cloud to a new vet I liked and I might give them a call, see what they say. She hacked a little bit when I got home. Then she ate some food and was fine with eating. She was playing around with Cloud and was just fine, and she drank some water, and shes been woo-ing a lot. She just hacks a bit. Right now shes sleeping. So it doesnt seem to be bothering her too much. I tried looking for something but there was nothing I could see, she was also throwing her head around and having a fit that I was looking at her mouth though lol. Thanks for the replies guys, if it gets worse I'll call the new vet and see what they have to say.

Just keep an eye on her. Luka is good at eating things he shouldn't.

This List contains:

toilet plunger

a bra (the part with the metal clasps)

pairs of underwear

the arm of a tanktop

a pillowcase

plastic cups

socks

garbage

all of this was why he was monitored might i add. i'm not a bad puppy parent sometimes they just wolf stuff down before you can get it. it should be okay, luka always passes everything. just keep an eye out on her!

Edited by LittleLuka
i obviously can't spell

Trust me shes eaten lots of things XD But shes never coughed like that before. shes only coughed three more times through today but she seems better than when I first came home, will definitely be watching her stool so far so good! Thanks again <3