Tragedy at Linkin Park concert

Rosemary

We set off for the LP concert at 16h00 yesterday and got stuck in the most horrendous traffic we have ever experienced. Took us two hours for a trip that would normally take 45 minutes :rolleyes: But it was great, my daughter had just returned the day before from a holiday at their house in Cyprus so we had lots to talk about.

The gale force wind in Cape Town (called The Doctor), was howling, pushing people into the streets, my daughter had to hold on to her father and husband otherwise she would have been blown over, she is tiny, and at one stage had to hold onto a lamp post :rofl:

Anyway, we were standing braving the wind outside when we heard a commotion and security guards from all over the place were running past us. We then heard that a scaffold had been blown over in the wind - 20 people were injured, some seriously, and one woman died in hospital :(

Needless to say Linkin Park were an hour late getting on stage - but, no one got impatient or ratty, they just waited - giving LP time to get themselves together (?) I am sure it is any rock bands worst nightmare. They decided to go ahead with the concert, but as you can imagine, there was something missing in their show, understandably, and I was so impressed by them. The sound system was crappy or maybe the wind distorted the sound or something, but just being there was great - just such a pity that the accident happened.

Got into bed at 2am - and up again at 6am to see to the huskies. it is going to be a long day ......... but at least we got to see the sun come up today :( RIP young girl.

On a lighter note what you doing going to a Linkin Park concert bit old for that I'd of thought.....

Ok I'll get my coat .....:motorbike:

:rofl:

We had a great time :redface1: with all the youngsters, their 'enthusiasm' is very infectious ;)

I honestly thought we would be the oldest ones there, but were very surprised - a lot of oldies like rock and metal :D We never miss a rock concert - except for U2 when they were here - not a fan.

Only a few bands left that I really, really want to see still - Nickelback, Iron Maiden and Metallica - then I will be happy.