Nipping any tips welcome

Tasatail

Mishka is 10 months old she still nips quite al alot on my self anf other members of family even so if shes more excited. Normally when i say no or enough she will stop or i clench my hand and she will stop. Today she has done it alot more then usual and actually harder then normal as i can see slight marks.Shes even nipped my knee today. Is this normal behaviour is there way stop it. We currently take her out everytime she does it and have had put her back on small hand lead in house she did this when we first got her but stopped.We let her back in after 20 seconds or so.she is not agressive at all and she has alot attention so dont think linked with that.Any tips would be great

If I were a betting man, I'd say that what you're seeing is doggy play. Especially since you say that it gets worse when she gets excited.

You're doing the right thing by taking yourself and her out of the picture when she does it. A "No!" and a doggy time out is quite in order.

If you were the dam to that pup and she did it to you, you'd probably snap back - in minor cases, I'm not adverse to using the same techniques, at her age a quick sharp (hard enough she realizes that it's not play, but not too hard) tap on the muzzle will probably have more of an impact. (( okay, have at me!! ))

Kodi does this too. He mainly does it to me and not the OH but we also find that if we give him a time out, or remove ourselves from the situation (I've spent many 'happy' minutes in our downstairs loo avoiding the teeth!) This doesn't always work and he carries on when we come back or he re-enters the room. We've even tried a squirt bottle to give him a quick spritz but he just finds that refreshing!!! He is gradually learning that when dad turns away he needs to stop but obviously he's a pup and this message doesn't always filter through his brain :) We never experienced this with our last dogs and I have to say it is very frustrating :confused: Sorry I can't be any more help than that either, although I agree with Al if you were the pack leader you'd 'tell' them off the only way they understand so a small tap isn't going to do any harm.