Life in a haunted house

Franklin Phil

Hello Husky friends! I know I'm slightly late, but for you lovers of Halloween fun, I thought I'd share a story with you....

So, I told someone in chat on my forum that there are doors in the sub basement of my house that haven't been opened in over 80 years. They have been locked and sealed since way before I was born. We hear sounds from down there all the way up on the main floor of the house. It has long lost it's effect to arouse curiosity. My wife and I usually sit quietly in the dark room upstairs and wait. Sometimes we don't even offer one another a casual glance that might suggest, 'yeah, I heard it'. We just wait. It always goes away...eventually.

Anyway, this got me to thinking about the last time I was even down in the sub basement. It was last fall. When I was shooting a very amateurish video of my house with the intent to highlight it's dark side. Yes, we live normal lives here...for the most part. Well, it is now to the point where it seems normal to us. However it is worth mentioning that since we moved here, long time friends came to see the house only to never come back. They never even went downstairs, and they never got to meet our house guests that live below the earth.

There are more than one down there. There are three distinct voices that reoccur and occasional others we don't recognize. We don't hear them often but we've lived here over 25 years. Sometimes what's said has been repeated many years later by them.

One of the reoccurring voices sounds like that of a child. Her name is Sarah-belle. I was told about her by the people who sold me the house so long ago. Back then I was younger and more curious, wondering if someone ever lived here by that name. I could find no record of it. But the records I found were incomplete and eventually I lost interest in the pursuit.

I found out where the previous owners had come up with the name, Sarah-belle, when an angry woman's voice shot up from the sub-basement. She was screaming at little Sarah-belle; calling her the most horrible things; gender specific things usually reserved for distasteful adult women. She is one of the reoccurring voices. Often angry at the little girl.

We've lived here so many years it has little affect on us. We do, however, usually keep the house quiet unless my huskies are flipping out or I'm watching football. We don't watch that much tv anyway. But on the occasions that the voices are heard weaving their way up through the house, we listen. We try to hear what's being said. Little Sarah-belle's voice is the hardest as she speaks so softly. When we can make it out, it's just nonsensical ramblings of a small girl.

I could write for hours on the things I've heard. But why? They come to nothing. No one has ever been hurt or affected by them. They are what they are. My house guests living below.

But, that is not why I posted this thread. I posted it to share the silly video of my house. If your curious about the sub basement shot, it is late in the video. I only entered the sub basement and shot the hallway that leads to the source of the voices. That was the last time I was down there and I hadn't been down there for over ten years before that time.

I was there for no more than 15 seconds. Enjoy.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a really scary story and i dont know how many people believe in haunted houses and the supernatural but i gotta say I do believe. I have seen and heard so many stories that it is hard not to believe in such things. I know you said that those doors in your basement have been locked and sealed for 80 years now and i for one would be very curious as to what is in there i may just open it up, however i would be willing to move out of that house the minute things got worse (more than just voices) after i opened those doors. Opening those doors may just make things worse. I am super curious as to what may be behind those doors. If you ever do open them let us know :)

Does anyone else ever check their shower when they're home alone ? hahah Like really? what am i going to do if someone is hiding in there? lololol

Well if you are ever alone and need to shower but afraid theres someone in there just take in a bat with with u or something check the shower and attack who ever is there. I dont think a bat will help if its a ghost. But a cross and some holy water would help if it was a demon :). Not that i do this at all but its just an idea :P

Well if you are ever alone and need to shower but afraid theres someone in there just take in a bat with with u or something check the shower and attack who ever is there. I dont think a bat will help if its a ghost. But a cross and some holy water would help if it was a demon :). Not that i do this at all but its just an idea :P

Great ideas! but if my house suddenly becomes a horror movie I'm taking a machete or chainsaw!

.....care for some visitors next time we head up that way? :D

Since this house's reputation precedes even my birth by a long shot, we get plenty enough drive-by looky-lous as it is. Never had any problems taking a shower though. lol Like I said, I've told this story to others in the past. Funny thing is, in an attempt not to appear insane, I always leave out more compelling details. In honesty, those details, the visual ones, are quite rare anyway.

Sounds like a cool place! ...and I'm still wondering whats behind those doors! :D

People always say this and yet, I couldn't be less curious. One thing that ISN'T behind those doors is anything that belongs to me. For that matter, there is nothing in the sub basement that belongs to me.

Wow...just wow!I am a total believer of all things ghostly and supernatural...I may have to blame George Noory and Coast to Coast for that!I've had experiences myself in an old house we rented for a year or two, most nights I dreaded going upstairs to sleep as that's where a lot of things occurred, sometimes I'd just sleep on the sofa with the TV on. In regards to your doors....I'd never open them!!Did you ever have any blessings or the likes done on your house?

People always say this and yet, I couldn't be less curious. One thing that ISN'T behind those doors is anything that belongs to me. For that matter, there is nothing in the sub basement that belongs to me.

What if there are dead bodies behind those closed doors and those bodies belonged to some cold case files. Wouldnt u wanna help solve those cases? I WOULD :) OR maybeeee theres treasure like lots and lots of treasure. DONT U WANNA BE RICH? I DO!!!. OPEN THOSE DOORS!!! :P