why?

brian brown

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They figure that because the iPhone is vertical, than the pictures 'should' be vertical too? I have an iPhone, and while I did take a few vertical videos when I was a noob, I didn't publish them anywhere because they looked like crap. I would try to retake the video if possible.

They figure that because the iPhone is vertical, than the pictures 'should' be vertical too? I have an iPhone, and while I did take a few vertical videos when I was a noob, I didn't publish them anywhere because they looked like crap. I would try to retake the video if possible.

Nah, just think they're lazy, they look at the screen vertically (as I do with my Nokia N8) & go to video & shoot.

Don't think it even crosses their mind that the video looks crap & you can hardly see what's going on :lolman:

Something to remember.. I used to have a Sony and if I turned it on its side to video it made viewing very difficult. I take it, that's not the case with iPhones

All decent phones now, you shouldn't have a problem with the phone horizontal regarding viewing angle etc.

People just pull their (iPhone usually) phone out, point & shoot. Unfortunately, it takes a crap vertical video that is useless to watch :@

Youtube is full of crap mobile videos shot in this way, so is Facebook etc. It's not hard just to turn the phone on it's side to take a proper video is it Nic but you see so many!

A tv screen isn't vertical so why do people take a video that results in a strip down the middle of a screen with big black blocks on either side?

All decent phones now, you shouldn't have a problem with the phone horizontal regarding viewing angle etc.

People just pull their (iPhone usually) phone out, point & shoot. Unfortunately, it takes a crap vertical video that is useless to watch :@

Youtube is full of crap mobile videos shot in this way, so is Facebook etc. It's not hard just to turn the phone on it's side to take a proper video is it Nic but you see so many!

A tv screen isn't vertical so why do people take a video that results in a strip down the middle of a screen with big black blocks on either side?

no it's not difficult and I don't dispute it. Just when the snow fell.. I remember taking vid of us attempting to get me home from work.. I don't remember the phone I used, but later the verticle shots I couldn't view unless flat on my lap

That doesn't make sense. If you video horizontally, what do you mean it appears sideways, surely that IS horizontal? What phone do you have?

When I film like that and view the video if I flip my phone it's upside down because my screen rotates. When I upload it like this it does the same thing ... Loads it vertically and you'd have to turn your head sideways to see it. I could go into some software editing and change it but I rarely upload it from a computer.

I hope that makes sense. Lol

When I film like that and view the video if I flip my phone it's upside down because my screen rotates. When I upload it like this it does the same thing ... Loads it vertically and you'd have to turn your head sideways to see it. I could go into some software editing and change it but I rarely upload it from a computer.

If you don't upload it, it doesn't really make a difference does it? :lolman:

It's the videos that people DO upload that are vertical that are so annoying!

Pictures are the same, which looks better?

post-3916-1358608103509_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13586081035725_thumb.jpg

The horizontal one :P

Sorry, just re-read what you'd put, you mean you don't upload from pc, instead, you do it straight from your phone.

You should be able to edit it on your phone to turn it, you can get an app for iPhone that allows you to do it, takes a few seconds too