why?

brian brown

If you don't upload it, it doesn't really make a difference does it? :lolman:

It's the videos that people DO upload that are vertical that are so annoying!

Pictures are the same, which looks better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63755[/ATTACH]

The horizontal one :P

I think that's a bad example...:P

Vertical pictures are great, and can sometimes be better than horizontal pictures as long as you compose the picture right. For example, I like the vertical picture up there a lot better than the horizontal one.

But yes, vertical VIDEOS = no!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[MENTION=3916]brian brown![/MENTION] [MENTION=3404]SolitaryHowl[/MENTION]

I agree that for watching them on the computer vertical pictures are somewhat annoying. However, there are many moments the photo itself is better taken vertical than horizontal, depending on the placement of the subject. Here's such example:

Horizontal. I was unable to get everything in the picture:

post-2355-135860815975_thumb.jpg

Second attempt while doing vertical. Which one do you think is better?

post-2355-13586081599729_thumb.jpg

@brian brown! @SolitaryHowl

I agree that for watching them on the computer vertical pictures are somewhat annoying. However, there are many moments the photo itself is better taken vertical than horizontal, depending on the placement of the subject. Here's such example:

Horizontal. I was unable to get everything in the picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64123[/ATTACH]

Second attempt while doing vertical. Which one do you think is better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64124[/ATTACH]

I would say the first is better & would have been better still if you had been a little farther away.

Anyway, disregard the vertical photos, it's the videos that do my head in.

You get part of a shot, you can't see what's going on & it looks stupid on any kind of screen.

Look at youtube, facebook, even on here, they're everywhere.

I think iphone users should be forced to use one of these, perhaps they'll get the hint they're holding the damn phone the wrong way! :rofl:

post-3916-13586081621441_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13586081621999_thumb.jpg

I would say the first is better & would have been better still if you had been a little farther away.

Anyway, disregard the vertical photos, it's the videos that do my head in.

You get part of a shot, you can't see what's going on & it looks stupid on any kind of screen.

Look at youtube, facebook, even on here, they're everywhere.

I think iphone users should be forced to use one of these, perhaps they'll get the hint they're holding the damn phone the wrong way! :rofl:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64132[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64133[/ATTACH]

i think you're making a HUGE deal about something that is not that big of a deal. if you don't like it, don't watch the videos! problem solved! ta da!

i think you're making a HUGE deal about something that is not that big of a deal. if you don't like it, don't watch the videos! problem solved! ta da!

No, I'm having a laugh & pointing out something that's really annoying to a lot of people (search youtube if you don't believe me) ;)

I'm not the only person that gets frustrated that someone can't use a camera-phone the way it was designed & I thought iPhones were idiot proof :rolleyes:

The problem is, you can't tell until you start watching a video whether or not it's vertical.

My solution is easier than yours, if you can't film it in the correct orientation, don't upload it :yahoo:

No, I'm having a laugh & pointing out something that's really annoying to a lot of people (search youtube if you don't believe me) ;)

I'm not the only person that gets frustrated that someone can't use a camera-phone the way it was designed & I thought iPhones were idiot proof :rolleyes:

The problem is, you can't tell until you start watching a video whether or not it's vertical.

My solution is easier than yours, if you can't film it in the correct orientation, don't upload it :yahoo:

i've already explained to you the reasoning for uploading any vertical video. you've explained i can download a quick app to rotate videos, now maybe i'll take that into consideration. i rarely get on a computer except occasionally when i'm at work. my iphone is how i do EVERYTHING. Either way i'm getting off this thread because you're just frustrating me.